Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Newbie enduro ?'s

Some Newbie enduro ?'s

Ok well I finally got an enduro car, thanks to Charlie's towing. Anyway, it's a 4 cyl Sentra and I have a few questions.

Since I can't use antifreeze, what else do I use? I've heard about water wetter, but where do I get it and how much will it run me? Are we allowed to keep the speakers on the rear deck of the car or no?

Also, how much do firesuits run, about, and anyone know where I can buy a cheap used one?
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

jimmy'z

4 bangers

I ran a Sentra before too; drain that antifreeze, fill it with water...than drain it again.

I got hit for the $25.- fine and found out afterwards that on those little ricers you need to flush it out a few times.

The speakers? I guess in the dash or front doors you can keep them...The rear deck though i'm not sure. I left mine in and went through fine.

Just be watchful of the antifreeze. It sucks paying a fine that is more than the value of what you got the car for.

Rich Johnson

Wink

Jimmy'z is right...You must do multiple flushes. I would not worry about additives. You should wire the fan to a manual switch OR wire it to come on when the car is running.
    I do not see a problem with keeping the rear speakers in. You should get as much stuff as you can out of the car that could burn. You should also consider installing as much "driver protection" as you can.
    I might be able to help you out with a suit. How tall are you and how much do you weigh ? (you can PM if you don't want to post it)

RacinRich

Jim you can get a firesuit on ebay for like 60 bucks. Do you have the number to Charlie's towing? I need a truck enduro. Thanks and good luck
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243
    Are we allowed to keep the speakers on the rear deck of the car or no?
    Only if you play music that is acceptable to the people at the track, LOL!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Jim failed to mention these are 15" subwoofers in 2' x 3' cabinets!!!!!!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

haha, nah, no subwoofers in this one, lol and I'm about 6', 240lbs Racin Rich, don't bother me to post it on here, I'm a healthy boy, lol.

Are we allowed to have the little fire extingishers in the car if they're secured down? It didn't mention it in the rules?
    Last edited by unowho243; 03-19-2006 at 10:56 PM.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Rich Johnson
    A fire extingusher is OK and is a good idea. The old suit I have is from Ralph Tasso. He was about 5'7 and about 175 lbs. It fit me when I first started.

RACINRICH

Lol, I doubt it would fit me, but thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it. If i don't find one, I think I just might wear a welding jacket, lol.

I have only one comment to add, and we've touched on this before. It's your safety that's at stake, and you better do what's best for you. One unsafe incident can bring a career in racing to an abrupt halt.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I totally agree on that W.J., I'm gonna do my best with the money I have.

Are we allowed to put a little spoiler on the back if it's mounted down well, not like a big wing, but a spoiler like on the late models, trucks, and mods?

I haven't had a problem running the factory wing on my Eclipse, but my brother had to take the factory wing off of a 91 Delta 88... it all depends on how picky the officials feel like being that day.

When you flush out any cooling system, to get all of the antifreeze out, pull one of the heater hoses off and make sure the temp lever on dash is on full hot. Also, keep the petcock closed, then stick the garden hose in the top of the radiator and only open the valve 1/4 of a turn and let it run about 5 minutes. Then start the motor and let it run another 5 minutes. By then, there should be no traces of antifreeze left.

pitbull113

xl firesuit on ebay ending soon

unowho243 check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Used-...QQcmdZViewItem I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full

Thread Information