Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somthing to think about SAFETY IDEA

Something to think about: SAFETY IDEA

I thought about this before and would like to suggest making all cars run a track radio, like they do with their weekly racers. It's fairly cheap to purchase a Radio Shack special scanner, easier than putting a truck on corner 3 with a siren and safer than having your head flag man jump in front of a pack of speeding cars. I also think it would make it easier to line up, make red flags easier, and let the drivers know what is going on during accidents and transponder malfunctions. Just my 2 cents

enduro13x

scanner idea

I, too, believe that this is a great idea, because we sat on the track for a long time and had no idea what was going on. It would also help to avoid making a small accident a big one. Great Idea!
    Nick Shaw
    Big Car #13x

I'm in!!!!
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

RacerChick56k

good idea

It's a good idea he came up with, and this would make it easier on all of us. I'm in for it too!

RSP

I'm for the idea

I'm all for this. I was part of the pack of speeding cars that was headed for the flagger and by the time I knew what was going on I wrecked the radiator on my car. It would be nice to have an insight on what was going on before I got there and it was too late. Great Idea!!!

spier racing 93
    Yeah, sounds like a good idea, or ya could just put a gate on the flagging stand so the flagger doesn't jump out on the track...sorry Matt, but that was a dumb move.

So, actually paying attention to the GREEN, YELLOW, and RED lights around the track would no longer be necessary??? That's where the real problem seems to be.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

spier racing 93
    Most people don't pay attention to the lights anyway, everyone always looks for the flags...but ya don't have to jump onto the track in front of cars to get them to see...

Quote Originally Posted by spier racing 93
    Most people don't pay attention to the lights anyway, everyone always looks for the flags...but ya don't have to jump onto the track in front of cars to get them to see...

I agree with you.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Radios

RADIOS, Yeah I like the idea, but I'm a realist and know it will not happen. It took a year and a half to get everyone to get a $15 dollar window net, imagine trying to get them to fork out $90 for a radio.
    pappywrench@yahoo.com for
    2nd Childhood Racing

enduro13x

Cost?

I would rather pay $90 for a scanner than hundreds of dollars to fix something that happened in an accident because I was unaware of what was happening on the racetrack.

Jumping on to the track in front of a pack of running cars!!! One of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my entire life. He's lucky to still be alive.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

pitbull113
    Jumping on to the track in front of a pack of running cars!!! One of the dumbest things I have ever seen in my entire life. He's lucky to still be alive
    Lucky no one got hurt in the melee that ensued after his bone headed move.

sk8077
    I agree with the scanner idea. I've seen them for as low as 60.00 for a 10 channel 1 way.
    As for the flagman, maybe get one of those leashes that parents use on kids to tether him to the flagstand. In all my years of racing that was one ofthe dumbest moves that I have ever seen.

Well, on the plus side, if he can dodge 20 something monte's and buicks going 40 mph, just imagine, he could be a hell of a dodge ball player.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Thread Information