Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free enduro car

endurocrew

free enduro car

To honor the memory of Rich Johnson and the way he always helped out his fellow enduro competitor, the '73 Cutlass stock enduro car in the 3/18/06 Jam classified ad is now being offered FREE to anyone who can use it. It wasnt the fastest out there but definitely in the top ten. Use the parts in your car or fix it up. Please, no scrap guys looking to make $$, let it go to a fellow racer. Thanks -Eric

A very nice and fitting gesture.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Wow

Peter & Eric
    You guys know I run a 73' Cutlass in the Grands. The car could help me out greatly. Give me a PM or a call. Cell- 631-513-0873. Very generous of you two.
    Thanks-Greg Zaleski

Hey Greg, nothing personal, but I think a better way to honor Rich is to maybe let somebody who's never raced get the car and plant a new seed in our class. I think Rich would probably enjoy that more than anything else. Besides, I'm as fast as you are. I think you'll be ok!!!

Bobby Pease
    Hey...
    I say Let Greg have it.... Hey WEEZER, there is a lot of "THINKS" in your post.. If the car is offered up and Greg can use it, let him! I know Rich didn't mind helping out others!! Besides, your post should have been a PM to Greg..
    Bobby Pease

73'

I don't mean to sound greedy, but spare parts for a '73 Cutlass are hard to come by. I would put the car to use the way it should be........racing.
    Greg

ml13107

friend of Greg's

Hey guys,
    I'm a friend of Greg's. My name is Matthew Larsen, you may even know me. I've been following the grands since the inception. I have been wanting to race with you for years, but the right opportunity has never presented itself until now. I normally reside in Salisbury MD, but since I am native to Southold, I come home for Summers....race season. I would really love the opportunity to put this car out in the field. Please post or even call me at home my phone # is 410-341-0705. Lets go Racing boys.
    Last edited by ml13107; 04-22-2006 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot name

Sounds like Greg could really use the car. I am looking to run in the Grands or 8's this season (my rookie season) but am still looking for a car and have not found one as of yet. I have a 4 cyl Grand Am as of right now but have not completed it to be "race ready" as of yet, and being I dont have a car of my own that is on the road I could throw the Grand Am on the road and use it as my daily driver. But either way is fine by me, I can understand that Greg could use the car.
    Last edited by N.Y. racing; 04-22-2006 at 11:41 AM.

ml13107
    The car would not be for Greg, it would be for me, a rookie looking to get into the grands. I'm looking to Race Greg with the car, not give it to him.
    Last edited by ml13107; 04-22-2006 at 11:49 AM.

LOL. you deleted the post where Greg said he wanted it for parts??

ml13107
    That post is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by gzenduro12
    Peter & Eric
    You guys know I run a 73' Cutlass in the Grands. The car could help me out greatly. Give me a PM or a call. Cell- 631-513-0873. Very generous of you two.
    Thanks-Greg Zaleski
    DELETED?!!! Looks to me as though it's still here.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

ml13107
    Quote Originally Posted by gzenduro12
    I don't mean to sound greedy, but spare parts for a '73 Cutlass are hard to come by. I would put the car to use the way it should be........racing.
    Greg
    this one is also still here

Thumbs up

LOL Sorry about that, long night last night.

I think it would be great for you to have the car and run with your friend Greg. I know I would love for a friend to race with me.

Also I don't need the car anymore, I think Greg or his friend should get it. I just aquired a 98 Dodge Stratus for the 6 cyl class, it's a project car, due to it not running, but I'm sure I know what the problem is and it's not difficult/expensive to fix, plus I got the car for free. So I will see what I can do to get this car in some races this season. For now im just gonna finish the Grand Am to get it ready for the 4 cyl. for May 7th, who needs to drive on the road anyway?? I'd rather be racin on the track. I will see everyone there.

I want to add a cheer to 'endurocrew' for giving away this car like this, what an amazing gesture. Good luck to you and whoever gets the Cutlass. Someday I'm sure I will be racing in the Grands with all of you.

I think Greg should get it he was the first to put an offer on the table and he could honestly use it i would hate to see a great car in the hands of a rookie that might wreck it when it could go to a verteran racer like Greg. But hey it aint my car so whoever you want to give it to its your choice i think that its a very nice thing to do and whoever thought of it is a great person. Cheers to them
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Thread Information