Thread: Season Might be over

Season Might be over

Alright so I finally got to race my truck in practice. Had a blast. Second session im pissin out smoke all over. Parked it in the pits tranny fluid all over. Hoping its just a line but im preparing for the worst. If its the tranny my season might be over.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Hopefully just a line bro i saw you out there truck looked a lil underpowered.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Well its a 2.8 liter Jim, most are running the 4.3. Also it was my first time on the track in 2 years and I was trying to be respectful to the guys who are vets. The last five laps of the second session I turned it up a lil.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Plenty of resources.....

If, " if " it is your transmission there's a lot of places to find a replacement unit. If you can't find one on the Jam, check out craigslist.org, even ebay. I have been successful with the auto parts section of the craigslist site. Another alternative if you do need a new unit is to remove yours and give it to a tranny shop and have it rebuilt. It's much cheaper that way, and, at least you have piece of mind it's all redone internally.
    "Strength and honor"

If you are having line troubles, IMO it's best to go with new steel lines. Buy or borrow a good tubing bender and take your time. Keep the lines away from the exhaust and try to secure them to the frame often. If 100% steel lines won't work for you for some reason, and you must have flexible stuff, use A/C hose. The same stuff that goes on the pressure side is suitable for transmission lines. Regular neoprene hose just isn't really meant for the job. Still try to use as much steel as you can though.

i left after the first practice session of enduros
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

just a gasket see you on sunday!
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Thread Information