Thread: A Figure Eight Vacation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool A Figure Eight Vacation

How many of you want to go on a nice little vacation this summer, but not sure where to go? How many would like to take their racecars? How many people like to go on vacation and come home with some kind of money, even if it's just enought to pay for your gas? I know you had to say YES to something. Well, I have the vacation for you...
    The week we are off from Riverhead, July 8th, Black Rock Speedway upstate N.Y. would like to have ALL the Figure Eight Cars at their track and show them how we race Figure Eights.
    The track is paying $100 per car, as well as kicking back the ENTIRE back gate admission to us. They told us that they could only give us $100 per car because they were only charging $1.00, yes One Dollar, to get in the front gate. So S.A.F.E.R. is looking to obtain sponsorship to help make this trip financially feasible, as well as collecting lap money at $25 per lap. Anyone wanting to sponsor a lap, or two can see me. I will be working on getting a sponsor for the race and selling laps. We will double sell laps if we can, to get more money. Everyone will get the same amount of money as a payoff, first and last and everyone in between. Why? Because this will be like an exhibition race, once they see what kind of show we can put on, they will want us to come back and be willing to pay more. We are looking at a minimum of $200-250 plus, plus back gate money, for everyone who goes. As of right now we have 11 laps sold and growing.
    Now that sounds like any racers kind of vacation. Really, think about it, your little vacation is somewhat kinda paid for or close to it. Kids over 12 (I think it's 12) are allowed in the pits.
    So who is interested???? We need a mininum of 10 cars. If you're not going, that could only hurt the rest of they guys who want to go. So think about it and if you have something else to do, try to change those plans, and go on a racing vacation!!

Also, all race sponsors would have preferred seating in one of the VIP Suites.
    Last edited by DOR 58 FIGURE 8; 05-01-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Thread Information