Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Figure Eight Vacation

How much per?

Mike Fields
    $25 per lap, which will pay for part of somebody's tolls with the car hauler!

Mike Fields
    I'd like to thank everyone that stepped forward to commit to buying laps for SAFER's 25-lapper at Black Rock Speedway. The list is now filled up. If you look back at page one of this post, it's been edited to reflect all of our sponsors.

Black Rock is a great track and is very similar to Riverhead with slightly smaller banking and larger corners. Inside walls were installed within last couple of years too. The blue clay is very thick as well. The cars get a lot of bite. used to go when i went to college up there. Great prices, great food, and the place, when I went under different ownership, seemed to be run very well. It is in the middle of nowhere, but it is definitely worth the trip.

Seriously tho'... I think it is great the Figure 8 guys are branching out... almost a full days travel for a race on a dirt track... not so much... but I honestly wish I could go, it is going to be something to see... hopefully there will be a nice car turnout, and I would hope that SAFER is going to run this one like a World Championship and open up the rules a bit and see if any local guys bring their DIRT prostocks out (which I think aren't too different from a Figure 8 car... but obviously someone who actually knows could please feel free to correct me._
    Last edited by LongIslandJam; 05-09-2006 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Stay on Topic
    btgoss

I don't know exactly, but I do believe a dirt prostock is very much like the Fig 8 cars, at least the dirt prostocks I've seen run at upstate tracks. Great idea, bt.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

One thing I believe is different with a DIRT Pro Stock is they got some major horsepower while a Figure 8 only has modest horsepower. That's an issue of concern...

Ah, that may be so, but do they have what it takes to race through the X, LOL??!!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Mike Fields
    As far as I know, this race will be run under current Riverhead Raceway rules. The only change allowed so far is that drivers may switch to a dirt tire that is sold at Black Rock. However, many drivers have told me that they are planning on running tires from JYD Hoosier Tire and grooving it themselves.

Any other changes would have to be approved by S.A.F.E.R.--- not the track. Realize that the purse and all funds collected will be equally shared between all drivers.

Thread Information