Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Counts

Car Counts

Registered wednesday: 40 8 CYL stocks, 15 Grands
    Don't know the rest.

Weezer is trying to give a hint.... Get registered! The fees have gone up for late entries. Call the office today to get your entry in!

Truck count

I got the letter today, I'll be drawing 26th. So,there's at least 26 trucks already, nice field.
    "Strength and honor"

stockade racing

Cool

As of Tuesday, I was 12th in the 6 cyl.

Low counts

Geez, it seems that the car counts really are getting mad low these days. I hope everyone is aware they will get wacked with an additional fee at this point if they register now.
    "Strength and honor"

Hey Stockade, I did'nt even know you were alive, beings you've never answered my emails/phone calls etc, you know stuff like that, good to here from ya number 12, see ya sunday.

stockade racing
    hey weezer if you call my cell i need a new one
    seeya sunday

pitbull113

Memorial day weekend

Well did anybody get their starting spot for the next enduro? Just wondering who's attending.

Mail In Your Applications Now

I mailed my application mid week, got a letter today. I'm drawing 4th (for the trucks). I hope everyone remembers they will get wacked for a late fee if they wait to much longer.
    "Strength and honor"

Bobby Pease

Car Counts Getting low?

MMMMmmmmmmm......wonder why?

pitbull113
    I don't know Bobby why don't you enlighten us.

Bobby Pease

My 2 cents on car counts!

What I can tell you about the GRAND enduro car count is.....

Rules say, Stock appearing motor, and there is a claim rule...

I saw the 21 car, In tech, take his Distributor off, wires off, carb off, intake off, rocker off, push rod out, lifter out, and drain his radiator (had 20 below coolant in it)..... I asked what his prize was for 3rd... No trophie, and he collected $100.00 NOW, his motor passed tech obviously, but, the 21 car owns a business and his time is money... To put the car back together, it will cost him probably 2hrs, plus parts... (intake gaskets, coolant, TIME).. My guess to get back out on the track, about $200.00....So, you tell me what you think... I think stock appearing means no HOLLEY carb, Headers, Alum high rise intake, MSD, etc....

I run Enduros for the Love of the sport, not for the $$$.....
    My 40-50-60 or 100 laps are mine forever!!

Steve, did this enlighten you? Remember I say it as it is, no @$$ kiss'n here brother!!
    BOBBY PEASE

pitbull113
    Well I admit that teardown does seem a bit extreme but it's also not the norm. The grey area in the rules has always been a problem, but none of this IMO is the reason for the low car counts. The first race of the year always has a low car count and holiday weekends can also effect the turnout. Time will tell. But the only other option is a three hour drive and a fleecing at Mt. The main reason I moved south was due to the lack of decent racing on or near L.I.

rockandrollcafe
    There is an alternative. Drive past tech and go straight to your pit. You know if your cheating or not- the guys your racing know if your cheating or not. Why would anyone in their right mind let someone do 200.00 worth of damage to collect 100.00, not to mention question your honest and integrity?
    I am not a mechanic, so if they took my car apart- it would cost me a small fortune to have it put back together. Fortunately for me- I don't cheat so I probably won't end up in the top 5 anyway. But if the racing gods do shine down on me one day, I will let the tech's look- if they want to tear my engine apart, I will refuse tech- and forfeit the prize. The following day I will take 60.00 and go buy myself the finest trophy in the trophy store.

And just a note to the cheaters: If I won a race by cheating, I would feel like a real mutt. Not only are you lying (or trying to) to the fans and your fellow racers- but what are you actually saying about yourself? If your good- go out and prove your skills-win it fair.

One last note: the tire rule is not fair either. I can't compete with someone with new tires- and I can't see spending over 400.00 on tires to have a 25:1 chance at winning 250.00.

pitbull113
    The problem is what if you're not cheating. Don't you want to prove to everybody that you're not? If you pass tech and load your car up then it's like admitting you're cheating even if you're not. Unfortunately teardowns are common in racing, I just started racing in the SCCA and there is no $$$ for winning just a glass trophy and it cost close to $300 to enter a race. Anyone in the field is subject to a teardown which can include engine, trans, rear or anything else the tech guys seem fit. Many a racer has gone home with a box of parts instead of an engine. This is an expensive hobby. We all know the joke about making a small fortune in racing, start out with a large one.
    Last edited by pitbull113; 11-11-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information