Thread: advice

advice

What are everyone's thoughts on a 1992 3.8L Mercury Cougar for a 6cyl enduro car?
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

pitbull113
    I would not run anything other than RWD with a stick. But if you can get it cheap, run it.

pitbull it is rear wheel drive. and how is free for a cheap price lol....thanx steve
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

pitbull113
    Sounds good Rob I guess we will see ya memorial day weekend. I'm gonna get the Black Beast out of mothballs and have some fun. Yeh Baby!!

I won't be there Memorial Day (vacation) for the butt whooping you lay on everybody with that rocketship of a beast you have. Although I must say that you might have a run for your money with pistol Pete's Supra. Good luck.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

IS it carburated or EFI because i have a ford t bird 3.8 carburated and its slow as a dog with 1 leg.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

pitbull113
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRob
    I won't be there Memorial Day (vacation) for the butt whooping you lay on everybody with that rocketship of a beast you have. Although I must say that you might have a run for your money with pistol Pete's Supra. Good luck.
    Yes I heard that the Supra was fast. I'll have to bring my "A" game with me. Maybe hook up the NOS if I get the chance. lol
    Last edited by pitbull113; 05-11-2006 at 06:41 PM.

So a 98 Stratus would basically be no good for the 6 cyl.??

A small bit of a mention for those who maybe didn't see. Pete's Supra runs well yes, but the thing that got him the win was the line he chose IMHO. He stayed well up outta' the greasy stuff in the low groove and just motored on. Not to take anything away from him or anyone else, just an observation.
    Jim, have you done any diagnosis as to why your 3.8 runs poorly??

naa its got 125,000 miles and it just dont have the power it used too.
    The car looks wise is great i keep it really clean. the car runs fine just isnt fast and has poor acceleration

p.s word for the wise dont try to tint your windows yourself ttried it last night and almost put my fist through the window because i was so frustated!
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Quote Originally Posted by unowho243
    p.s word for the wise dont try to tint your windows yourself ttried it last night and almost put my fist through the window because i was so frustated!
    Yeah, Jim, BROKEN windows are very hard to tint. I just thought I should remind you of that, LOL!!!
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

pitbull113
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Y. racing
    So a 98 Stratus would basically be no good for the 6 cyl.??
    Same advice I gave Rob. It might not be the best car out there but if you can get it cheap, run it!

I agree with Pitbull because 15 6cyl cars is pathetic.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

pitbull113
    Quote Originally Posted by RacinRob
    I agree with Pitbull, because 15 6cyl cars is pathetic.
    It'll get better. The first race of the year always has a small field. It should get bigger as the season progresses. Plus with the smaller fields, the racing is cleaner, not like the wreckfests that go on in the 4cyl. and 8cyl. Might not be fun for the fans that come to see the carnage, but much more fun for the competiters when you bring your car home in one piece.

Shamrockracing
    Heck, I say if it's free, and you can get it, run it. Heck, I run anything I can get my hands on.

Thread Information