Thread: 5/13 Results

5/13 Results

Mod-Rained Out (make up feature, plus regular feature next week)

Street Stock (20-laps) 1. Todd Geist 2. Chip Wanamaker 3. Paul Frantz 4. Jim Yamelski 5. Scott Meckes 6. Mark Deysher 7. Norm Barnes 8. Brad Barbush 9. Jennifer Kutz 10. Robert Fink 11. Jimmy White, Jr 12. Bob Hunsicker 13. Barry Callavini 14. Rich Dimarco 15. Gary VanOrden 16. Eric Danyluk 17.Brian Sones 18. Glen Heckman 19. Rodney Gruber DNS: Todd Ahner

Hard Charger: Robert Fink, 10 positions
    Fast Lap: Paul Frantz (15.905)

Thriller (20-laps) 1. Josh Oswald 2. Bill Price 3. Mike Skelly, Jr 4. Ricky Ross, Jr 5. Richard Petey 6. Steve Shultz 7. Howie Bott 8. Kevin Makarewicz 9. Joe Kmetz 10. Dave Cascioli 11. Pat Verwys 12. Marissa Nelmes 13. Jeff Owler

Hard Charger: Richard Petey, 8 positions
    Fast Lap: Ricky Ross, Jr. (17.260)

4 Cyl. Thriller (20-laps) 1. Harry Sager 2. Joe Sherman 3. Bob Wink 4. William Hallstead 5. Duane Garrison 6. Chris Meeker 7. Kevin Price 8. Travis Fisher 9. Jen White 10. Scott Adams 11. Gary Fisher 12. Kyle Heckman 13. Josh Moser 14. Jamie Damon

Hard Charger: Harry Sager, 9 positions
    Fast Lap: Harry Sager (18.403)

4C Supermodifieds 1. Mike Renn 2. Woot Lawrence 3. Wes Gilbert 4. John Udes 5. Randy Zuidema 6. Fred Bertrand 7. Greg Thomas
    Last edited by Geno; 05-13-2006 at 10:56 PM.

BlingxBling
    Sweet mother of Jesus, how did you get that much racing in today? I figured a few heats would get completed at most with the way the rain was coming through the area.

Way to go Hollywood on your first win of the 2006 season. Luck was finally on your side for once.

AWESOME JOB JOSH! That is so exciting to see that you won the feature.

Hey Geno, did they run modified heats? Do you happen to have those results?

Why did the mod feature get rained out? I always thought they run that feature 2nd or 3rd?

BlingxBling
    I have attended many tracks that switch up the running order when the track isn't up to par because of the weather. Thrillers and 4 cylinders usually can run on a track to complete the drying process and also lay some rubber down. My guess is, the rain came before the mods were able to get in...

EricaR
    Mod Heat #1 Results- 8 Lou Strohl, 63 Kory Rabenold, 33 Chaz Serman, 21 Andy Walko, 17 Chris Whitenight, 6r Rodney Gruber, 90 Matt Higgins

Mod Heat #2 Results- 97 Alan Decker, 8X Eddie Brunnhoelzl, X6 Tim Santee, 53 Brian DeFebo, 53X Ryan Russo, 45 Ernie Dengler, 95M John Markovic

The running order for tonight was in the following order, 4 cylinders, Thrillers, Street Stocks, 4 C Modifieds, Modifieds. The reason for running the mods last was because of the rain, we wanted to make sure that they had enough rubber down on the track, so it was decided to run the other divisions first, unfortunatley, the rain came back, and the races were called. Modifieds will run double features next week, however, only the cars that were qualified for tonight will be able to run the make up race. Mods that were not at the track tonight will only be able to run the regular race for next week, not both features.

Hey, thanks Erica!

Thumbs up

Hey Bling; It was like tip toe through the rain drops. 2:30 pm rain, dry the track. Practice, rain, dry the track. Heats, rain, dry the track. 4 of the 5 mains, rain, and to late to dry the track for the mods. I'll give the track crew, racers, and fans a big thumbs up for not giving it to mother nature.
    Last edited by Richie; 05-14-2006 at 01:42 PM.

racedirector

One too many rain showers

Hey Richie, you had one too many rain showers last night. It didn't rain after the heats. We went into the features right after the heats.

I would like to thank all of the officials, track workers, office staff and most of all the drivers for getting most of the show in last night. There were plenty of cars out to help dry the track and there was a lot of clean racing as most of the heats went caution free. Good job to all of the racers.

Thanks again!

Ed Solt
    Racedirector

Elated

Sorry Ed, it felt like more.

Thread Information