Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new rule ?

A new rule ?

Did any other truck guys notice the #47. I feel the more the merrier, but that was a Blazer. Are Blazers allowed to run now ?
    "Strength and honor"

pitbull113
    2-door blazer has a much shorter wheelbase. IMO it has an unfair advantage!

I'm not sure about the rules, but the track did allow it to run. Bob Finan did mention it was a 4WD, so it could qualify as being a truck, despite the original manufacturer's intention that it be considered a 'car'. Should make for an intersting debate down the road. I'll try to look into this and get back with a statement from a track official.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Its in the rules that you CAN run a blazer if it is 2wd or if the front axle is NOT WORKING. Don't ask me, but it is in the rules.
    VICKI

pitbull113
    Thanks for clearing that up Vicki.

Hey RACING#S, I Ran The Blazer Last Week. And You Are Allowed The Blazer This Year. It's Supposed To Be 2 Wheel Drive, But Mine Was Indeed 4 Wheel. I Cut The Front Axle's Out. It's Pretty Hard To Find A 2 Wheel Drive 2 Dr S-10. Almost Impossible To Find One With A 4.3, But They Did Allow It. It Handled Great. A flat Tire Killed Me.
    Last edited by wayne; 05-14-2006 at 10:58 AM.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

wayne forget about these enduros and race your blunderbust again! lol that blazer was movin!
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Good luck 47...

That's cool that Blazers are allowed. The rules say, 'subject to change, 1990-1994 Blazers, 2wd are allowed.' I think that before year's end we'll see a few more.Good luck
    Another rule change is no more in car cameras. I almost didn't see it, it's written all the way on the bottom of the rules.
    "Strength and honor"

I think they should make a separate division for 2 door, 2 wd s-10 Blazers!

Hey Rob, I Can't Catch A Break, No Matter What Division I"m In, Lol. It Was My First Enduro Ever, man That Was Fun! And Kevin, I Don't Think That That's A Bad Idea.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

pitbull113
    How about mini-van enduros. Back seat must have five bags of grocerys and one soccer ball!

ramit1824
    There are a lot of vans around, sounds like it would be cool!

They've gotta get something new out there, the car counts have been steadily going down because you can't find the "good" cars anymore. Make a new division of vehicles that are easily available (blazers). I think it would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeCharger99
    They've gotta get something new out there, the car counts have been steadily going down because you can't find the "good" cars anymore. Make a new division of vehicles that are easily available (blazers). I think it would be cool.
    I don't know if I'd agree. There are just so many who will do this sort of thing regularly, and the more "choices" of divisions you give, the more likely it will dilute what's already there. If there were really only one viable division, no matter which one, you could probably always count on near or over 100 entries. Start dividing that, and the number per division drops.
    I do agree that the 'good cars' are hard to find, but that isn't the only reason for low counts in some classes.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

I KNOW ITS AN ENDURO, BUT WHO WANTS TO BE ON THE TRACK WITH A HUNDRED OTHER CARS ? THERE ARE SOME GUY'S THAT ACTUALLY TAKE ENDURO RACING SERIOUSLY, AND SOME THAT DO IT JUST FOR FUN.IMO I THINK THE MORE DIVISIONS THE BETTER CHANCE OF GUY'S GETTING WINS.IF THE ENTRY FEE ON RACEDAY WAS A LITTLE BETTER I THINK GUY'S WOULD DO 3 OR 4 DIFFERENT ENDUROS. SUNDAY THERE WERE ONLY 7 OR 8 , 6 CYL CARS.SO I THINK THE NEXT ENDURO I WILL ALSO DO THAT. TO ME LESS IS MORE, BUT THATS WHY I DID THE SAT NIGHT THING. I LIKE TO TRY AND RACE. I CANT SEE RACING WITH A HUNDRED OTHER CARS. BUT MUST BE FUN THOUGH CAUSE ALOT OF GUY'S DO IT.
    Last edited by wayne; 05-14-2006 at 08:13 PM.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

Thread Information