Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1974 World Championship Demo Derby Tape Wanted

CarWarsVet
    Hey Grav, I called Keith this morn. cause i gave him the day off and asked if possibly i was wrong in my post and not only was I incorrect but I too was in that show with Keith, bobby, tommy and you. I flat out forgot the results.....hey I'm old....and it was 22 years ago....and I've taken some hard licks.....and,and,and......I'm oldddd. My apologies to art11758 and R.W.B..

What hard licks? Didn't Keith call you "Tappin' Bob"?
    Last edited by Gravel; 07-01-2006 at 07:18 PM.
    Consistancy is the key.

CarWarsVet
    Keith demo'd with his eyes closed. I used my brain, which, by the way, does not work anymore.

Didn't you almost lose a finger in a demo at Islip?
    Consistancy is the key.

CarWarsVet
    One demo, I was driving a 1967 fury s/w with all the rear seats in the fold down position. I "tapped" another car hard going backwards which forced all the folded seats forward like an accordian into my right hand that was over the back of the front seat severing the upper part of my pinky almost completely. They red flagged the demo for the driver I hit because he got injured and I wrapped my finger with a bandana, finished the race (no victory), went to Islip General, where they stitched it up. I always gutted the cars after that.

No wonder why they call you CarWarsVet!

Thread Information