Thread: Mountain.. who's going?

KickItUp

Mountain.. who's going?

I just heard that the 98 is planning on going.. anyone else?

stomas
    38 team is going.

turbett

Cool

The #8 is going to be there..

the 32 will be there can wait should be a good time see yall there
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

hopefully the 43 but not lookin good as of now
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Well if the trucks dont produce enough trucks.Give the chargers a shot at mountain on a off night or a late september race.I think you might have 20 cars in that class.I would love to run there.81 charger chris turbush

Hey Chris, how many Chargers were there last October for the Walt DeMorris Memorial, a race that Chargers could have run? 0

With that behind us, I agree, it would be cool to see a Charger race run at Mountain. It's a track with enough room to race, and not constantly crash trying to gain a spot on the track. With any luck, Billy will consider the idea.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Chris,

Just to give you a little background, Mountain used to have a class similar to Chargers known as Pro Stocks (yes, I know Pro Stocks are Late Models in New England, but not in this case). For NELMA - North East Late Model Association, their first race is in October. Riverhead Chargers will be legal and will be allowed a 4 barrel to compensate for the power difference. How well this will work, I'm not sure, but from what Billy has told me, a Mountain Pro Stock can be a top 5 car in the Late Models with their provisions.

Mountain dropped the Chargers (Pro stocks at Mountain) 2 years ago, due to low car counts. This is an experimental race to see if they will add the trucks to the schedule next year, and get an increase in trucks to run both there and here. I hope that we can get a very good turn out with the trucks. There are people in PA waiting to see how we do, to either look for their own truck, or start to build one. So a good representation would be nice to show them what where all about.
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

You cant ask a Charger car to try to compete with Late Models. Even if we bolt on parts, there isn't a chance we will be able to compete for the win. It's like telling a Blunderbust he can have a 4 barrel and run with the Chargers. There's no chance. I was just asking because I know there are 20-30 chargers every week and there are only 15-20 late models, and 10-12 trucks. Do the math who MIGHT have the most car count? Maybe no Charger will show up, but like you did with the trucks, post and see if there would be interest. Ask the guys in the pits. Maybe you could just have an end of the year race just for the chargers. Just like Pocono use to do. Might be a lot of interest. Might lead to a mini series next year at Mountain?

i agree with chris. there are many times that 10 trucks show up at riverhead to race and if only 6 or 7 show up mountain looks at it as a failure? well thats 1/2 to 3/4 of the field at riverhead going there and thats a good turn out imho for a "away game"

Thread Information