Thread: Limited Latemodels

Fisha695

Limited Latemodels

I was just looking at some sites for other tracks across the USA and it came to my attention that what MVS and Mountain run as a "Street Stock" is by most tracks standards closer to a Limited Latemodel that a Street Stock. So I think that MVS should open up that class to Limited Latemodels and let them run aftermarket bodies and such.

Just and Idea
    -Josh-

Angry

We did that, at Mountain, about 12 years ago. Called them Pro Stocks. Let me give you a little advice- - -don't progress your class beyond what it is now. That way those same Street Stocks will still be racing years from now instead of rusting away.
    Last edited by White Lightnin; 06-29-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: said way too much

Believe it or not White Lightnin,

I agree with you. When a class starts wanting so many rule breaks, the price goes up, and then evolves into a monster that no one wanted.

JA, It's not that it became a "monster", but just a Street Stock class that started in 1988 and evolved into an economical home built Limited Late Model class. It was an exclusive class to Evergreen/Mountain and all of those cars and drivers stayed at Mountain. When car counts dwindled the powers that be decided that it would be best to drop the only class at the track that had no where else to go. We easily could have been used as a Limited Late Model class at the Mountain and it might have grown into something. I still can't understand their thinking, especially after watching the unlimited cost Late Model class car counts continue to diminish even lower than the Pro Stocks did when they were dumped. I'd hate to see it, but who knows, maybe they're next?

Thread Information