Thread: well this is interesting...

spier racing 93

well this is interesting...

This Saturday a new revised schedule will be released for this division at the drivers meeting. Also in effect will be if you are not going to support Mahoning Valley Speedway on a weekly basis do NOT expect to run the ROC race on August 19. The exception to this would be if you are following the ROC series and competing at another ROC event.
    right off the mahoning board from gena...what does everyone think about that?

Fisha695
    I think that they don't have the power to say that and that needs to be a call made by the head of the ROC, and an official press release would need to be made...

I get what she is saying...which is: If you don't run any other ROC races or run at MVS more than just the ROC races, Go race at the Mountain...lol

Maybe we can get Chuck back at the track.... LMFAO

**Officaily banned from the MVS site Forum, The one and Only**
    -Josh Fisher-

So this means a guy from outside of PA couldn't run ROC either, on an occassional basis, unless they start supporting MVS now??? A great way to promote racing, both by participants and for fans alike.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

BlingxBling
    Not sure what comes with this statement, so it would be difficult to offer an opinion without the details. I think it is indirectly directed towards certain people, but I rather wait until I obtain more information. I will post what I learn after Saturday....

Fisha695
    Quote Originally Posted by BlingxBling
    Not sure what comes with this statement, so it would be difficult to offer an opinion without the details. I think it is indirectly directed towards certain people, but I rather wait until I obtain more information. I will post what I learn after Saturday....
    is one of those "certain people" Brian Defebo ???

As far as where drivers race every week, it is none of Gina, Doug's, or the management from any other tracks job to say if you wanna race here, you can't race there. Racers are independent contractors, which means if they have the correct credentials, they can race when and WHEREVER they want.

Haven't these two tracks been running against each other for years on end? So what's the big fuss about now?

-Josh-

BlingxBling
    Josh,

At no point in time was it ever stated that the decision made by MVS management has anything to do with Mountain Speedway. I am not understanding why everyone seems to jump to the conclusion that it has something to do with Mountain, or a driver that regularly attends Mountain. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions, because I am willing to bet you would be highly surprised to see who may be the reasoning for this.

Fisha695
    Quote Originally Posted by BlingxBling
    Josh,

At no point in time was it ever stated that the decision made by MVS management has anything to do with Mountain Speedway. I am not understanding why everyone seems to jump to the conclusion that it has something to do with Mountain, or a driver that regularly attends Mountain. I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions, because I am willing to bet you would be highly surprised to see who may be the reasoning for this.
    Well Amanda, if you know so much about who they are talking about, then why don't you enlighten us? I never said it was because of Mountain, and the Defebo thing was sarcasm... When Defebo won his first race at MVS this season, he was asked by Dino about where he will be running, he said that he will be at MVS except for select races. He hasnt been there for 2 weeks in a row. That is why I brought his name up.

I understand what the point behind what Gina said is, but I think that the way she worded it came off wrong.

Yes, there are problems between MVS and Mountain because they run the same classes of cars on the same night. But so does Wall Stadium and Riverhead Raceway, which all run the same basic classes, just with diffrent names.

-Josh-

BlingxBling
    Josh,

I do not have any confirmed information. I am not going to be held responsible for starting a rumor. Which is why I am going to hold on to my opinions and thoughts until after Saturday. I do think it has to do with a team at the track that hasn't been too happy with the way all has been working for them, and I think they threw a bluff on the table about leaving and only being there for special shows. Will let you know after Saturday!

I have been going to the races for as long as you are old. I can compete with the best of them in conversations about what could be changed, what needs to be adjusted, or what should remain the same. You mentioned the same divisions being run at MVS, Mountain, RH, and Wall, but many of the same drivers also drive SST's. So you can add Chemung and Spencer to that list.

Your statement about Brian may have been facetious, but thanks for giving your reasoning for the mentioning of his name. I was wondering how he fit into this all.

Just as an FYI Josh,

Wall and Riverhead have fundamentally different cars. Riverhead is full blown tour Modifieds while Wall's are more like SKs or Sportsmans (or in your neck of the woods SST). Riverhead has Late Models, Wall does not. While Riverhead's Chargers and Pro Stocks are similar, in many ways they are different (Their Pro Stocks look more like IMCA Modifieds). Riverhead Blunderbusts are nothing compared to a Street Stock at Wall. Same goes for Riverhead Super Pro Trucks versus Wall Trucks. Basically none of the divisions are interchangeable between the two.

I'm sure there's more to what meets the eye at Mahoning... I'm also sure that the one and only Amanda will find out the scoop and set the record straight.

Fisha695
    ok so its troxell racing...then. Let them go race other places... then.

mcsnoww
    Ok, maybe it was only aimed at one modified team, but the post that started all of this hoopla, by Gena herself, had to be the dumbest, shoot yourself in the foot, stick your foot in your mouth, way of promoting a race track that I have ever seen in my entire life. Now she just lets it fester by not posting an explanation.

Thread Information