Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 cyl trucks perhaps at Chemung?

Cool 4/6 cyl trucks at Chemung aug 26th

I need feedback. Anyone in the 4/6 trucks that would be interested in a race or 2 at Chemung speed drome, please post your interest. It's an awesome venue.
    Last edited by tstiles; 07-26-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Where is Chemung Speed Drome located ???

Along route 17 in the Southern Tier, about a 6 hour drive...

sign me up
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Take a look at some track photos. It would be a great place for 2 races a year, with yellow flags.

Would it be the same exact rules as Riverheads trucks , Like 1990-94 Blazers allowed ???

Cool well

Actually, I spoke to the owner of the track last night. What he said was we can have anything we want as far as rules. (SO YES, SAME AS RIVERHEAD) But the one extra thing that sounded good was, if we want to do this once or twice a year, we can make each date a double header..... Fri night we go to Spencer, run there, and Sat night on the way back, (since it's on the way home) we race Chemung. (he owns both tracks) That eats up some of the travel, and makes for a lot of racing in one weekend. I think it could be a nice add-on to our already nice scedule, but I'm not the boss, so please give me some feed back. With almost 100 visits to this post, I only see 5 replies, and 2 are mine, so this probably won't happen unless I hear that guys are willing to do the trip. (Even once a year is fine with me. )
    Riverhead to chemung is 250 miles door to door. As per the owner of the track, Spencer is a 7 hour trip. But like I said, we go to Spencer Fri night 1/2 mile flat oval. Then we pick up and head toward home, but stop off at Chemung ( 3/8 mi with a nice straight away) and do an event there and we are home Sunday.

If I ever get my truck together, I would go.
    WOOT

pitbull113
    What kind of purse are we talking about?

You gotta crawl before you can walk,

But good question, after I come back to him with a car count, I will be able to get that info for you.

I think the most accurate way to get a car count would be to talk to the drivers themselves at the August 6th event. I'm sure these people don't check the Jam. But the 55 and 56 team are willing to travel.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Very true, Robert, however, with the next Riverhead race still a few weeks away, I wanted to put this out here just to get it going and circulate it around a little bit. but I agree with you.
    Even though only 10 replies, there have been nearly 200 visits here, so some people already know about it. I heard from the 17x, he said he was in for sure. I will be going, plus you and the 56 team. I'm sure there will be more to come.

Terry, I think if we get at least 15 trucks, it will be well worth it. We don't get the opportunity to race enough.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Well, I just hope we can get enough feed back where I would be able to ask for a late date for the 2006 schedule up there.

stockade racing
    Hey tstiles! Do you know anything about the race on Sept. 19th? I am looking to find out the rules. Is it a 'race what you bring' type thing or do they have rules and I just can't find them?
    Thanks

Thread Information