Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused?

Confused?

The 02 truck passed tech with aftermarket wheels on the left side.....does this mean aftermarket wheels are legal?
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

I see a lot of people, that shouldn't be passing tech, on the track.

What was up with that turbo Volvo in the 4cyl?? I think Volvos are like 106 inch wheelbase and we are only allowed 104, and it was a turbo. That is 2 things against it and it was still allowed to race??
    Last edited by woot lawrence; 08-08-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    WOOT

My understanding about the turbos is it's a no-no, and if you placed in the top spots, you would be dq'd after the race, because you should know better. I agree that they shouldn't be able to run, but they need car count, and I believe the first inspection is more a safety check than an all out tech inspection.
    Last edited by fastgal; 08-08-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Yea but when you get someone with a 106" wheel base runnin with cars NO BIGGER than the 104" legal wheel base its really just gonna cause problems on the track for everyone else, not to mention that its not safe at all, so safety check ??

Cool just a remeinder

the 02 may have some spare wheels on the car but certainly you dont think they out weigh the fact the guy won with a bench seat. right? lol

By safety check I meant thy guy won't fall through the floor, or has some kind of seatbelt. Wheelbase has nothing to do with that.

I know exactly what you meant. I was just saying that it's not safe having a car on the track that is that much bigger and faster than most everything else out there. The guy cant win anything, but yet he races and screws up everyone elses race/car (that has followed the rules), just so he can get on the track. How is that at all right?? Just so Riverhead can get their 45 bucks.

NYRacing, while you are right in your theory, the problem is that to thoroughly inspect the cars, including wheelbase measurements, etc. would take so long that you'd either have to show up at 5AM, or the first race wouldn't be ready to go off before 4 in the afternoon. While it's unfortunate this sort of thing happens, perhaps a list of [*blatantly ineligible] vehicles needs to be compiled and posted with officials.

*Those that have a wheel base that's too long, an engine that is not legal (as a factory stock item), things like that. At least it would be a shorter list (I hope) than a list of what is okay, LOL!

What do you think?
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

WJ,
    I think you're right on target. And maybe the racers can help. We have two more enduros left. Maybe ALL of us can help with what WE KNOW. Write it down and send it in and not in a nasty way, just information. That way over the off season, the officials can come up with better rules for better racing and maybe less complaining. I believe we all want this to work and we ALL have to work to make it a great time.
    Now of course this is just my opinion.
    CIN

Wink The legal "eagle".................

I hate to blow a hole in your wheelbase theory but, the smaller the wheelbase the FASTER laps the car will turn........................
    If you disagree, go to mylaps.com( amb transponder site) and check out any track that runs stock 4, 6 or 8cyl classes/enduros, you will see the faster lap times in the lower classes............................
    WJ is probably right, its easier to safety check'em first and sort out the "illegals" after the race.......................
    You guys should be gett'en it by now.......its car count and money that makes the cars go round................................
    UNCLE PETEY..........................

I Think The Turbo Volvo Hit Every Car Out There! And, He Spun About 10 Times. Don't Let That Car Back On The Track, Whether It Was Legal Or Not!
    Last edited by wayne; 08-10-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    41,Mrs 41,42,43

Yes, I do know the smaller the wheel base, the quicker in the corners .

racenut38
    Maybe that Volvo should enter in the 4cyl demo! Volvo, they're boxy, but they're safe.

It's just ridiculous that my car is wrecked because of an accident started by a car who shouldn't even have been out there.

DARN SHAME

Thread Information