Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al DeAngelo

The Ace of Spades coupe. Black & white?

The last car I remember him driving, I think, the Gorman brothers owned???

The last car I remember him driving was a black Vega, Ace of Spades in the late seventies... not sure how long he drove it...
    VICKI

Dwight Clock
    Quote Originally Posted by vsmidge68
    The last car I remember him driving was a black Vega, Ace of Spades in the late seventies... not sure how long he drove it...
    Didn't his son Hank drive that car also?

Both Al and Hank Drove the car. It was a black and white painted Pinto, flying zero was the number.

Captain History

I think Bill's (310) right, or very close. I think the last car Al raced was a pinto that was a team car with Al Scribelli. One car was the 7$, I just can't remember the other cars number. Scribelli's shop was on Old Country Road in New Cassel. I just happened to run into Al De working on his car when I was in there for work one day outside a building down a side street from Scribellis. I remember these cars being an off-white with heavy pearl and think I have a photo of the 7$.

Rick The other car driven by Alex was 8$.

Same Al DeAngelo!

In fact my father (Don Anderson #171, Non-Ford) raced against him at Dexter Park & Freeport Stadium in 1952 & 53. Attached is just one of the race results clips from back then. He also placed 2nd to Axel Anderson on another occasion. Great memories!!! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeAngelo win, Don Anderson 2nd.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	2699

Quote Originally Posted by RickFigure8 View Post
    I think Bill's (310) right, or very close. I think the last car Al raced was a pinto that was a team car with Al Scribelli. One car was the 7$, I just can't remember the other cars number. Scribelli's shop was on Old Country Road in New Cassel. I just happened to run into Al De working on his car when I was in there for work one day outside a building down a side street from Scribellis. I remember these cars being an off-white with heavy pearl and think I have a photo of the 7$.
    Rick

Would you know whatever happen toAlex Scibelle?? Is he still on the Island?

Thanks

Thread Information