Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Man Standing

NEETS-1

Last Man Standing

I keep getting drivers/teams asking for a "true to the bone" enduro....throw away cars...cars left on the track where they die...a zillion laps...etc,etc.
    I try to keep our NEETS series as true to form as I can, but I also look at the safety aspect during our events. To date we have not had a major incident or injury due to the fact we run the races as we do.
    I may think about filling in the void between the Beaters (1st sat in Jan.)and the April fool event (1st Sat in April) w/ an event such as this somewhere around Valentine's day weekend if you really want it. Of course it will be a non-points event. I say Valentine's day because we all wish for snow at one of our events and so far, we have not had any kind of accumulation. Valentine's day should prove differently going by years past..
    The rules will be "true junk" and the race event will last until the last car is running or a 2 hour time limit. If more than one car is still running, The prize will be split betwwen them. Cars must not stop for more than 30 seconds. Over 30 seconds will be out of the event. The "LAST MAN STANDING" should be a fun race. (and of course a party afterwards )
    What do you think???
    PS- Being that it is Valentine's Day...Everyone should have a "heart" on for that race
    Last edited by NEETS-1; 08-26-2006 at 02:11 PM.

I can't wait this will be so cool!!!!! I do have some consernes and thoughts!!
    You said not stoped for thirty seconds. is this including pit stops for tires?? No way a car can last that long with ONE right front tire Or if a car is black flagged for dragin bumper or pipes? At least 3/4 the cars pit during a normal NEETS 100 lap race.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

spier racing 93
    i am soo in for this

Thumbs up Last Man Standing

Sign me up!
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

Wink Sweetheart of a race...............

Sounds like a 30mph rolling demo-derby to me......................
    The only good thing is, you might be able to snatch a car from the boneyard and win with it, hehe..............
    I might be in Daytona the week of Valentine's day but, ya never know, I might drive a "crushable" all the way from Florida right onto the track..............................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

NEETS-1

Let's make it interesting.....

There will be NO pitting Sappman....anyone going in or flagged to the pits is done.

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me! What rules will be applied? Regular enduro rules or special event rules? Im all for it though. Need any help,...let us know!
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

pitbull113
    Are we talking about a one directional demo derby with wrecking cars and no black flag for rough riding or an endurance RACE with the survivor being the last car running with four tires and no trying to take people out on purpose. Sounds like either way ABC Car Crushing will be busy after that race. I'm in either way.
    Last edited by pitbull113; 08-27-2006 at 06:55 PM.

spier racing 93
    can you say...holy torn up racetrack...those popped tires eventually get shredded up and those wheels show no mercy to asphalt!!

That's where they get blacked flagged Ty, and have to either pull into the infield or go to the pits. Either way, like Billy said, they are done.
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

spier racing 93
    wow not cool, people will be out right away, it will be a very quick event

That’s why they're called enduros- drive like ya wanna save your stuff

spier racing 93
    but this is a last man standing race...

Are You Kidding?

How many enduros have you run where you can actually pit under green...or AT ALL for that matter? NEETS is pretty much the only enduro series that I've run where you can. That's why its called an enduro....ENDURANCE. Personally, if this race has standard NEETS rules, I think it will exceed the time limit. If there's no black flags for "rough riding", then maybe it will take under 2 hours. Try running Riverhead enduros a few years back......100 laps 100 cars on a quarter mile bullring. And no.....there was no pitting. I think this race is a great idea. Chance to see what the name "ENDURO" is all about.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Thank you Donny!

I like the idea, except the name might have to be tweaked to be politically correct

Thread Information