Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't start first?

Angry Can't start first?

I was supposed to start on the pole last night, 9/9, in the 85, so after the start was posted, I went up there to tell them that I didn't want to start on the pole because the rest of the guys are running for points, so close to the end of the season and I didn't want to get in anyone's way. Well, I wasn't on the pole and when I went to find out why, Jim told me that I wasn't good enough to start there. Now he's not going to admit to "Sex Discrimination", but when I told him that they (Jim, Bill and whoever else) won't let me start on the pole because I was a girl, he told me if I know the answer, why did I come to him.
    OK, now let's think who (I won't mention any names) started on the pole just about EVERY week and caused a caution, just about every week, before the first lap was completed. I know that the track isn't going to tell me that "HE was Good Enough to start on the pole" now are they? I am by no means saying I'm The Greatest Driver, maybe a few up from the bottom, but Bill and Jim didn't want me starting on the pole because I'm a girl. Now tell me how that is in any way FAIR?
    How would you feel if you were in the same position, being told you weren't good enough, when you know you are better than the one who has been on the pole all year long?
    Let's not forget Marissa Neiderauer #74 modified was told "she didn't have any balls" and Jessica Cohan #8 and Jessica Larsen#29, in the Blunderbusts, will soon have to deal with the same BS if something isn't done now!

loving74
    WHY DOES THIS NOT SURPRISE ME ? I THINK THAT IT IS ABSOLUTE BS. THEN AGAIN, THAT WHOLE PLACE IS BS. . LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO THE 00 BLUNDERBUST AND LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID TO FARRELL. THEY'RE GONNA SUSPEND HIM FOR ALL OF NEXT YEAR BECAUSE HE STEPPED OVER THE YELLOW LINE TO SEE WHERE THE OTHER DIVISION WAS AT! HE WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED WITH THEM. . THEY MAKE UP THEIR OWN RULES AS THEY GO ALONG! AS FOR YOU D1, I WOULDN'T TAKE IT IF I WERE YOU. YOU NEED TO OPEN THAT BIG OLD MOUTH OF YOURS JUST A LITTLE MORE! . HAPPY RACING NEXT WEEK, RIGHT! LOL!

Oh D2, You know me better then that! I already did!!!!!!!
    The Riverhead Office will be reading about it first thing Monday Morning!! And I KNOW they will be back to me shortly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOR 58 FIGURE 8
    and Jessica Cohan #8 and Jessica Larsen#29, in the Blunderbusts, will soon have to deal with the same BS if something isn't done now!
    Unfortunately, on some level, they already have, but from their 'fellow competitors', which is just as sad.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

allhailunc
    Hey Dor, don't worry about it. What's a visit to the Principal's office (lol). I guess certain people aren't on any sort of Christmas list and get the "Royal" treatment (and they wonder why car counts are so low??? )

cuzzzy59
    I'm so glad you said something Dor. I've been on this thing all day about the red flag deal in the mods the other night. Favoritism does run wild there in all divisions, and no moderator on here can deny this. I've come to realize that it is time to give it all up as my favorite hobby, because it is so sickening to be treated the way all of us are. "The rich get richer"

Okay, let's keep my daughter out of this. She starts in the back because she wants too. She lacks the experience to start up front. Although she has improved considerably, she by no means can start in the front row.

Battling the issue here will only make the matter worse. Imagine starting last, one lap down before the race starts. It could happen. Whatever the reason, right, wrong or indifferent, deal with it. Prove them wrong on the track. Not on this message board. And forget the letter writing. That only upsets people more. Believe me, I know!
    "A View from theCrossroads" available at www.pkbooksinc.com, www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com. Look for "A View from the Crossroads" due out in August.

I agree Joe,

The key to proving someone wrong, is just doing that... Beating them on the track... When you do that, you finally earn the respect. I'm not taking a side in this quarrel, but sometimes actions speak far better than words.

Girls

JA, I agee. Marissa went to Mountain and does very well, for a (GIRL) that is. Come on, Peggy Smith went through that and proved them wrong years back. She was as good as any of the BOYS??? P.S. Don't let it get you down, prove them wrong with a capital W. Good luck!!
    VICKI

Peggy Smith car runs the TVMS, the guy actually had the old 85' mod going pretty good at Thompson. The car is in Fran's pictures, it's re-numbered 7, still black with red interior.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

I'm glad cuzzy says favoritism in his posts, because they got that when the #23 Charger was able to keep his win when the car was found with illegal parts, which were confiscated. As far as starting up front, I cannot comment because I don't follow the 8's. With titles on the line, the thought was probably on the side of caution not whether a gal can or can't drive. There have been too many instances of drivers not ready to start up front getting in wrecks this year. I'm speaking out of speculation and the only way to prove them wrong is to start 12th and finish 6th, rather than start 1st and finish 12th. I'm not picking sides, but giving a reason why they might have done it.

ectthunder
    Welcome To Riverhead!!!!!!

cuzzzy59
    Hey fastgal let me set the record straight,#23 was found to have "altered" parts on his car as well as #81 and probably a few more I'm sure. But what you fail to realize is the car was bought "AS IS", WITH WHAT DANNY RAN IT WITH. Being rookies in the racing game, they thought all was ok. The night the "parts" were impounded, I went up and questioned why if the car ran for 10 years like this, why now is it a problem??? So yes, there is favoritism at Riverhead, and it's not in the #23 pits, that's for sure.

I figured if the officials let you slide in tech, which is their choice, means they are not out to screw you. From the outside looking in, it looks like your guys got a break, in the same way the officials thought to use discretion when some rookies start up front. Use yours as a example, start in the back with radios or prove them wrong and start up front without them and look at the outcome. Your car is a proven machine, with a driver who is learning along the way. If the officials felt he wasnt ready, either with or without radios, I believe he would have been in the back. It's only speculation in how they decide, but don't be so negative. There are a couple of drivers who should have gotten front row starts this season who didn't, as well as some, who to be honest, don't deserve to be out there at all, have gotten multiple shots at it only to wreck.

Dorothea, You Said You Wanted To Start Last, Well You Got What You Wanted, What's The Problem?

Thread Information