Thread: Orlandoworld

cuzzzy59

Thumbs down Orlandoworld

What I viewed last nite at the track was at best a disgrace!! The 99 not only punted the 23 into the 01 in turn 1, but took Anderson out off of turn 4 as well. You can all say what you feel as well of this incident, but for me this has only proven 1 thing. It's best if they close it down for the good of all who go there. Who cares if it's the only track left, the officials obviously don't.

Some of us don't want it shut down just because it's not perfect. We have faith that as time goes by, it will get better. Officials never really see it all, so what can we do? Hire 20 more so they can be spaced every 50 feet around the track? That's not going to happen, so we will live with reality for now. Sorry you feel the way you do.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

As for the 99 "punting" the 23 into Rob ... that's NOT how that incident happened ... we got mixed up behind some slower cars that were on the outside down the front stretch, and the 23 was on the outside right behind them ... I went to the bottom of the 23, as anyone would, because there was a clear lane. Tom, without even realizing that someone could be there, jumped into the bottom groove to try and clear the slower outside cars, and I was there!!! Maybe his radio man wasn't paying attention, or Tom thought he was the only car on the racetrack ... and HE came across MY nose and into Rob. And for the last lap incident ... I don't know if it was on purpose, or what, but the 4 laps prior to that, Tom was brake checking me out of each corner, and I was slowing up not to run into him ... but when I felt a bump from behind one lap when I did slow up ... I wasnt gonna slow up too much again ... he threw the brakes on outta 4 the last lap, and I didn't check up in time!

Tom is a really nice guy and hes made 10000% improvment this year, i wouldnt race him like that on purpose. Hes one of the few who are actually trying out there!

I agree, and from talking to Kevin, I can't see him taking someone out like that on purpose.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Is Anderson running with a radio? When he won, they told him before the race to lose his radio or be sent to the rear of the field!?! WHY? I know the answer but seems kinda dumb that everyone can run with one but one or two drivers can't!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

cuzzzy59
    KEVIN FIRST OFF, I was on the radio and told him inside, but it was too late, you took the line away from him. That was a racing accident in turn one, he came on the radio and told me to apologize to Rob thru the spotter. As for turn four, last lap, that to me [opinion] was not a racing incident. 1) When pushing a car in front of you out of your way off of a corner, and you dont lift, that's "dumping" somebody. 2) Tom came off the corner higher than you did, allowing you the bottom (his mistake), you got a nose under him.
    My question then becomes how could he have brake checked you when your right front was under his left rear? Ummm let's see, that sounds like and looks like you dumped him. Oh well, that's racing, and yes he has improved 1000%, and knowing him since he was a kid, I am very proud of him. Don't let my rant on here give you ill feelings towards Tommy, he's a good guy, and likes all of his competitors, best of luck this week on the last race Kev...

p.s. Kev, the apple didn't fall far from the tree in you house. I'm sure dad is proud of you too. See ya. cuzzy

KickItUp
    First I will start by saying, I was one last season who stuck up for Kevin and the rookie title.. I think he has talent, lots of it.. But, the last few weeks it looks like attitude (cockiness) has taken over rather than talent.. In the last month or so, I can say I saw him take out his teammate twice, and then I saw him take out his own uncle once! Seems he just started to knock people out of the way rather than attempt to race them.. Either he is the only one out there without any racing room, or he has a bumper issue.

I wonder if his 'go kart' past is giving him the room he needs to race now... If you get my drift, and I know there are those out there that do.

I think he is a good kid.. He has talent, but he needs to be controlled somewhat.. Or at least lose some of that cockiness. I have seen tons of drivers race, win, and win championships by starting in the back every week and making it to the front, cleanly, without knocking anyone out of the way.. So using the "small track, not enough time" excuse is old..

Thread Information