Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DQ's

DQ's

Does anyone know why Ron Langdon and Tom Pickerall were DQ'd?
    Consistancy is the key.

The heads on Langdon's #72 were not in compliance with the rules. Tom Pickerell declined to have his car tech'd and left the premises.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

That leave one to think, was he tired after the season and said "screw it, I'm going home!" or "Hey I don't want anything found illegal on my car!"!!!

That's basically up to the individual to think what he wants to think, but I'd love to hear Pickerell response to why he left so early. I know for a fact Saturday Night Live isn't on till 11:35 pm, but, then again the Yankees did play Boston last night!!!

By going by history, they have torn that motor part before and he could have been tired and wanted to go home!

Great Blunderbust race none the less. Pickerell is fun to watch on the track amongst a few others, always on the move! Hope he's back and poised in 2007.
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Quote Originally Posted by W. J.
    Tom Pickerell declined to have his car tech'd and left the premises.
    Maybe you need to read it AGAIN!

[QUOTE=The Bullfather]That leave one to think, was he tired after the season and said "screw it, I'm going home!" or "Hey I don't want anything found illegal on my car!"!!!

Maybe you need to read it AGAIN!

It was reference to what he was feeling after the race was over. It never questioned the part of not wanting to be tech'd. It plan as day he didn't want it to be tech'd, it was the question of why he didn't want it to be tech'd!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

Bottom line, it leaves it up to your own mind. Makes you think why. Also why he waved Wayne Okula by before the checkered. Just my opinion.
    Consistancy is the key.

I'll leave it at this; I was told he refused to go through tech, and was told he was not going to be welcomed back next season. He left anyway; draw your own sensible conclusion from that.

Sounds familiar? I know he's raced away from Riverhead before to go IMCA modified racing. Hear hoping that 2004 Blunderbust champ re-think things through and comes back!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

And I believe that now in order to run next year he will have to show them whatever they were going to check last night so they can see it's legal before he will be allowed to run.

Rick

Thats kinda pointless don't you think Rick? It's so ridiculous if it was true. Anything that might be considered illegal could be changed once you leave the track, or even at the track if officals aren't looking. I hope it's not the last we see of Slick Pick, he always put on a good race to watch.

Great season Rick, you guys were strong when you needed to be!
    Peter Milano
    PitStopPitbull.com
    www.pitstoppitbull.com

loving74
    If you have nothing to hide you would never refuse a tech inspection, even if you have been inspected before! The innocent stay, the guilty run and hide! If Pick had nothing to hide then why run! Makes u wonder!

allhailunc
    Heck, why not chase another driver or two away. This way the show can run even faster.

a rebuttal of sorts.....

Lets say for arguments sake you have spent a great deal of time and thought developing something. And you are not quite yet ready to share. Those post race teardowns are not in some sheltered area, they are in front of well...... everybody. I can appreciate declining post race inspection on those grounds. Even though on the surface it paints you in a suspicious light.
    As far as the #72 I find it interesting that for a car that's best finish was a 13th previously (this season), another driver can get in it and crank out a top time and finish. Cylinder heads not withstanding, since chances are they've been on there for the season, it says quite a bit about Mr. Langdon.
    As always...............just my opinion.
    Last edited by art11758; 09-18-2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: another thought/clarification

ok dumb question

If the car was found "non-compliant", what happens to the finish? I left quickly Sat. night, was there more drama? Is Tommy the champ?

Tommy Walkowiak is still champ...

As for Langdon, I assume he went into the car not knowing what was under it. One thing is certain, legal or not, he can certainly drive a racecar.

As far as Slick Pick, I agree with you Art. Those teardowns are in public view and Slick Pick knows how to bend the rules to his liking and still be legal. I'm sure Slick didn't want to show the world all his tricks, and besides, last race of the season, why go through the hassle of tearing your car down? Slick will be back somewhere in something I'm sure of it...

Thread Information