Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rule Changes for 2007 season

ajsyrup

Rule Changes for 2007 season

Did anyone hear any rule change rumors for next year, or maybe post some suggestions for new rules. I don't know if any officials would see them, but might make a good thread.

I think the 3rd brake light would be a good rule. The other night, when it was misting during the 4 cylinder race, the only thing I could see was the 3rd brake lights. It really helped.

brake lights in a race car?
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Rules will be out around mid-November early December. Schedule will be out at banquet time. All gives everyone plenty of time to get cars together.

AND RACECARS DON'T COME WITH NO STINKIN' BRAKE LITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In the past if the officials saw brake lights including the 3rd that car would get the black flag.

CIN

RacinRob, I've been to a track where the 'third light' is in the car and operates nicely. (4 cyl division at a West Coast track.)
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

In road racing, brake lights are common. However, I do admit it, it is kind of weird seeing them in oval track cars...

Wink I See The Light....................

What's next? Airbags, hehe...................
    UNCLE PETEY................

Cool

They need a light under the dash shining on the gas peddle so they can go, not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey
    What's next? Airbags, hehe...................
    UNCLE PETEY................
    SOME cars come with them located IN the driver's seat, LOL.

But W.J. that would be Bad air bag???? And hey Mr. Petey, what's this I heard about you winning something at oswego, congrats man!!

Hey maybe "On Star Navigation Systems" so they can find their way around the track....

Pretty funny stuff! For those who still flat tow and need a brake light, just cut in a simple toggle switch either at the light or at the switch (top of the brake pedal arm in most instances) to eliminate any troubles. I wish enduros road raced.........

ajsyrup
    Isn't it a rule at Mountain Speedway to have the 3rd brake light? There were 3 or 4 cars on Sat. that had them. If it's illegal, how come they didn't get in any trouble for them??

Also, what was with people stripping cars at the track on Sat.? I thought that was totally against the rules?????

Billy B. tried to get NEETS a road race at Englishtown, but the deal fell through. I have to agree, it would be fun to see, as I saw a similar type of cars run a set-up road course at Perris Auto Speedway a couple of years ago, and it was was a really good race.

ajsyrup
    I think something is going on with the Englishtown road course. There isn't much progress anymore and I think all they are running on it right now is go-karts.

pitbull113
    That's a shame, an enduro on a road course would be cool. I'd have to break the BMW out of retirement for that one.

Thread Information