Hey all! First, if I missed an FAQ section for newbies, I apologize. I wanted to get some input on what it's like to race in the NEETS series. I live 5 minutes from Grandview, so it would be easy for me to get there. Here's a basic background on me. My racing background isn't deep, and I've never run on dirt. I did a bunch of autox and about 6 or 7 HPDE days at Pocono Raceway's road course. But that was back in '01-'05. Started a family around that time, so time and money have kept me off the track. Now I'm trying to get back into it. With a very limited budget, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get myself on track. I came across this car on Craigslist and that's what got me thinking about running NEETS. http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/2795931277.html Anyone know this car? Or could help me determine if it would be legal to run?

So what advice can you offer? Would someone who's been off track for 7 years be able to come and have some fun in a car like this? I don't have a "pit crew", I'd be doing this pretty much on my own. Even using a minivan and tow dolly as my transporter. I'm sure people are competitive, but do they still have fun? i.e. While I want to run the best I can, my goal is to just have fun and be safe. Thanks for any thoughts you can give.

Steve