Quote Originally Posted by rim runner View Post
Totally agree. A feature that could have started at a little past 8pm and didn't finish until almost 11pm is in need of time management.
The feature started at the scheduled time of 8:30. Yes there were a lot of cautions, but I'll take what we had over alternatives like counting caution laps or single file restarts.

There were 3 or 4 backmarkers that were causing most of the issues. Hinckley didn't show a lot of sense running around the track with his motor misfiring like that, someone should have told him the race wasn’t paying any Sprint Cup points. Storace & Savary were two other drivers suffering from a lack of oxygen to the brain.

Apparently some drivers need to cause 5 or 6 yellows before they figure out it's not their night.
Hinkley kept returning to the track to see if they solved the problem as they have a points race at Stafford Friday. The last time he came back out they had the problem solved, a broken wire as stated above. Also as stated above, he never caused a caution. Storace had power steering issues all night. Not sure what issues Savary may have had. Yes, maybe there should be a 3 spin rule next year.

What's the deal with Mike Stefanik?

Since getting canned from the 16 he's been racing like a total ass. He reminds me of the 40 something guy still playing rec league basketball and throwing elbows all over the place to try and keep up with the younger players.
Excellent analogy. I used to have a lot of respect for him, but not anymore. He drove like a complete azzhat from the drop of the green when he pushed the outside pole sitter up the track to the checkers when he made a futile attempt to keep the 71 from passing him and sent them both spinning. Charlie Pasteryak might fit that analogy too. He hit everything but the lottery.

I had a great time Saturday night. Lots of great racing and stellar performances by Hirschman and Cantara made this a memorable event. And I love coming to Star Speedway. It's the perfect bullring. I'm not big on fenders, but I really like their Outlaw Sportsman class. A pretty thin rule book makes for a large variety of cars (this is NOT a cookie cutter class!) and good racing, not to mention a solid car count. I wish other tracks would take note of that. I can't wait get back to this race next year. I think this has the potential to become one of the premier modified events in the northeast.