Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 cylinder cars - a 6 amongst us

mystic1582

Mustang Sally

If I pay for 2 entries for the small car class I can run a V8 in the small car class? it's like two 4 cylinders....

spier racing 93
    Quote Originally Posted by EnduroFromDE View Post
    come on John...I was just about to place a bid for a 86 Mustang GT V8 for $850 on eBay......but thats is a good idea, no more 6/8 cars running with 4 cyl, unless that driver is new, and truly did not know better.
    ignorance is no excuse

The #82 racing with the small cars was a touchy subject indeed.....the problem was, he came across the car and built it properly. The wheelbase is way to small to race with the Big Cars with the cage that he had installed.

He was given the option, as it is stated in our rules, to either run with the small cars or not race at all.

He must upgrade the roll cage for the next race to race wit hthe Big Cars....his points awarded will be moved BACK into his original division after the next race when the car has been corrected....otherwise, he looses the points in that division until he returns with a car that meets the rules.

As for drivers building new cars to run in conflicting divisions....such as a 5.0 Mustang with the Small Cars....will not be given a choice as to whether they can race or not.....especially if we know they deliberately built the car for that purpose.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

I think you should read the rules before you build a car the wheel base rule iis for safety reasons we had this issue at riverhead a few years ago with the grand ams 4 door inthe 4cly enduro the devisions that race are the 4cly and the 6and8 classes at grandview a car should be built for the class that it should run in not another class you start changing things it couldbite youi the end just my opion

461_SS
    its all about power to weight ratio

Jim said it best....read the rules before you build a car.

If you happen to come accross a FREE car for a race, it is understandable it will need work to make it legal...so even if you get away cheap, you still need to meet all the guidelines.

Pete showed up with the car, I wasn't going to deny him the chance to race after equiping the car with safety gear and spending the time to build it....but this was a one time deal....next race he needs to either conform to our safety requests or pull wires to make it a 4 cylinder.....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
    Jim said it best....read the rules before you build a car.

If you happen to come accross a FREE car for a race, it is understandable it will need work to make it legal...so even if you get away cheap, you still need to meet all the guidelines.

Pete showed up with the car, I wasn't going to deny him the chance to race after equiping the car with safety gear and spending the time to build it....but this was a one time deal....next race he needs to either conform to our safety requests or pull wires to make it a 4 cylinder.....
    Pete will not be racing at the July race, but WILL be changing the car to make it legal in the future.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Thread Information