Thread: A Change of Pace...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ive got 4 more cars following me up and a bunch of my relatives coming. The big cars may tear up the track for the small cars but it dont matter who goes out first to me as long as we RACE!!!!

never thought about track conditions...I dont think these little 4 banger suspensions will hold up under much more stress then we are giving them now...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    Ive got 4 more cars following me up and a bunch of my relatives coming.
    Jack....tell them to send in their info to Erin!!! erinb@neetsracing.com
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

in suspens....ion!

I have heard both sides of the story here....Big Cars will tear up the track too much...People will leave if the Small Cars are last...etc...

Here's my thinking....get ready here it comes!

I have spoken with Kenny Rogers, Bruce Roger's son not the singer no time for jokes, who has reported that the track is barely torn up or has any major ruts from the enduros....and that is after 200 Laps....

We are going to have to make adjustments as it would be expected....we have been planning on a hot day and the possibility of a controlled Red Flag to wet the track down...we may be forced to do just that considering the number of laps.

After a Modified or Late Model show, the track is usually full of ruts and grooves. The reason is the cars are going much faster through the turn on HUGE RACING TIRES powered by HUGE motors... A enduro full of stock cars with stock DOT tires is not going to cause as much damage as a field of Modifieds. Now, we have heard plenty of Small Car Drivers voice their opinion here.........where are the Big Car Drivers? You guys are the ones who race AFTER THE SMALL CARS.....you should know just what it is like....enlighten us!

Shifting into another gear...test and tune....testing and tuning your car is the way you get it to run just right.....that is what we are doing here. We are testing a new order of events....if things don't work out, back to what we know does. If we know that either division can race first, maybe we will have a coin flip at one of the races to see who races first...????

I have even heard from some of the Big Car Drivers that they would like the chance to watch the full Small Car race without having to worry about getting to their car and suiting up.....

Let me hear it all!

Last but not least......as always, I will not be the one to make this decision....YOU THE DRIVER WILL BE! We will decide based on the word in the pits early on in the morning.....and at the driver's meeting... Either way....BE THERE ON TIME OR YOU MAY BE MISSING YOUR RACE!

As for grandstands being open, I will make sure the stands get opened up with plenty of time for everyone to make it to their seats!
    Last edited by CJfilms; 07-21-2009 at 08:50 PM.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Thread Information