Thread: tech guys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    leagaleagle
    iam done its been a great race season, so have a good banquet and holiday season see ya next year

Thumbs up Bottom line

We dont want to be like every other enduro series out there , we want to be better and we value everybodys efforts, and listen to what everyones opinions good bad or indifferent!!! With that said we are trying to be as perfect as humanly possible and NOBODY is perfect!! But we are getting much better and we will keep getting better and have more and more cars and competition and hopefully become the best in the tri state area!!

leagaleagle
    Quote Originally Posted by leagaleagle View Post
    iam done its been a great race season, so have a good banquet and holiday season see ya next year
    joe erin and all the neets crew did a great job

Thank you very much =]

Have a wonderful Holiday Season as well
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Close 'em down, shut 'em off....slap 'em and go!

I knew we were going to get a few questions about the "closed door meeting", but I did not want to see a ton of unanswered questions roll down a slippery slope as Erin and I crashed out last night.....

We were both WIDE awake Friday night until almost 2AM.....I woke up Saturday morning at 3:45AM and was not going back to sleep....you can even see my 4:04AM Racin' Racin' Racin' post!

Unlike many other organizations, I'm not going to shut down/delete a thread unless it becomes extremely vulgar or out of control with bashing drivers, etc... Although the thread did not get out of hand, Gutter did pose some good questions which I spoke to him about today on the phone and explained out in full detail.....without having to type it!!! THANK YOU!!!!

But, to go back to the original question you asked...
    After the race, if a car fails vacuum, does it fail tech?

The answer was and still is, yes. As with Chuck, his car would not start. We gave him time to get the car running.....not to get the car legal. Once the car started and ran, it pulled vacuum. Timmy, with a different yet similar problem, was faced with a spark plug wire melting off the car with less than 20 laps to go. The plug was fouled out and the wire was ruined....BUT, for 136 or so laps, the motor was fine. We were watching his lap times.....nothing stood out. His racing style was a smooth and clean as ever...he went the whole race without a flat! The only difference this race was a plug fouled out and the wire melted off. Who knows how much damage was in fact done to the motor during those last 15 laps.

7 times before this race, the motor was legal. Timmy has never had a tech issue at any previous NEETS race. This was not a leniency or favoritsm....it was a very hard, well earned, effort made by Timmy that could not be taken away by a 1/2 inch of vacuum. If the motor pulled 15 inches or the springs were illegal or something else, Tim would be short 200 points and a championship right now.

The one person who stood up for this call in the "closed door meeting" was Chris Reichert himself. The one person who would have benefitted the most from a call against Tim....and he stood up for him.

Chris did something very honorable.....and it will not go unnoticed. Chris, what you did is what NEETS is all about.....

Losing the championship to a 1/2" of vacuum due to engine trouble is too far.....we're too human to make a bad call like that against ANY driver.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Peety

What was the deal with peety's springs??? I heard they were cut. Remember im not judgein, just curious what the deal was???

Unhappy Spring Thing..............

Just for the record, my springs were both unaltered double pigtail, same height, same wire diameter and same lbs/per square inch ratings..................
    After an incident at a previous race I had to replace one of the springs with a stock after market unit and it did not mirror exactly the OE spring.....................
    For that reason, the tech guys started to question the spring appearance but upon further examination it was deemed legal.............
    UNCLE PETEY......................

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Just for the record, my springs were both unaltered double pigtail, same height, same wire diameter and same lbs/per square inch ratings..................
    After an incident at a previous race I had to replace one of the springs with a stock after market unit and it did not mirror exactly the OE spring.....................
    For that reason, the tech guys started to question the spring appearance but upon further examination it was deemed legal.............
    UNCLE PETEY......................
    Hey !!!!! Is that the first time we ever heard the name "Petey" . and the word "Legal" in the same sentence???? Just Kidding Uncle Petey... See you at Wall.
    Last edited by CJfilms; 11-16-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Sorry Bill....I couldn't let those words be in the same sentence....so I put a period after Petey! LOL!

Wink "no respect"...........

These promoters are really beat'en me up..........I'm starting to feel like "RODNEY"................
    It ain't easy having 30 or so of MY trophy's in someone elses display case...............
    I'm tired of getting "thank you" notes from the second place guy.........
    If you don't like tech, just go through right after me, the tech guys will be TOO tired to look at anything on your car..................
    Whats next? You gonna tech the DRIVER, hehe...........
    UNCLE PETEY..................

Thread Information