Thread: Thanks for the "treat" kenny rodgers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Trick or Treat?

I agree with Bob. If we need to stop it (which I do not believe we need to. Part of the enduro is adapting to the changing track conditions), so be it. But don't slick it up so that it takes 10-15 laps to get to racing conditions again.

Joe will get this handled.

Grandview is a fun place to race. I know things will get better.

Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

The people who are taking Kenny`s side ,saying that we shouldn`t bash him! Well, how professional was he at the drivers meeting ? I really like racing with the NEETS crew and we`ll be at the next race. My 15 yr. old son started racing this year at Big Diamond, we had thoughts of bringing him to Grandview, but there is no way I would throw him out in those conditions!!!

Thank you Christine....it's good to hear from the drivers on a daily basis, but it helps a LOT to hear from the people on the other side of the fence.

I like all of these ideas. I would prefer less water to start and possibly red flag at lap XX, this will allow for MORE racing and less down time.... If they are worried about getting out of there sooner on a Sunday afternoon...what better way than speed up the races? Slower racing means longer races.....

Kenny, along with any of the Rogers, does not want to chase anyone away...we have a good thing going for us all at Grandview, but we need to get past these hurdles already.......it has been long enough now that we should not have these problems. Can't we all just complain about something else now?!??!?!?!? I'm as tired of hearing about how much water is on the track as you are tired of racing in it.....the time to do things right is NOW.

The next event has no conflicts (such as Mother's Day...) so the counts should be up in both divisions! We have a solid 40 car count in the Savage 61 Dodge Big Car Division...I KNOW for a fact we will be topping 50 cars this season....only a question of when....and I'm aiming for June 6th!

Petey....always look forward to hearing your thoughts.... By the way, Kenny did appreciate the dirt you scraped off and returned to the speedway from the last event!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Doug132

Take Control!!!

I have been reading, and thinking and agreeing with much of what has been said. (good and Bad) We (NEETS officials and drivers) can take control of a really wet track.... Don't pull the pace truck off!!!! Pace 15 or 20 laps if we have to. Drivers, move up the track (as hard as it is) and lets run that top line of slime in so that when the flag drops we have some prayer of control. I can tell you, when it came over the radio to "tighten up the pack we are geting ready to go green" I did the old LOL!!!! and thought to my self, "yeah right, not on your life!!!"

Just my thoughts....

Doug
    Last edited by Doug132; 05-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug132 View Post
    We (NEETS officials and drivers) can take control of a really wet track.... Don't pull the pace truck off!!!! Pace 15 or 20 laps if we have to.
    Good idea, but it won't work......so long as the pace truck is still on the track, the water truck can come back out. Pacing the field for 15 laps and getting the track to the right consistency will be futile if the water truck would come back out onto the track.

WE will take control of this....but as always I will need everyone's help in doing so.

What about pacing the field with no pace truck? A quick thumbs up/thumbs down from drivers before we throw the green....this way, if it is too wet, we don't throw the green....however, majority rules....if we feel 50% are thumbs up, the green is coming out next lap......if we are running 10-15-20 pace laps....fans will get upset and be extremely bored.

We'll find that happy spot though! Keep the ideas coming.....I'm working up a concoction! LOL!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

all i have to say is i dont know if i will make it back my car is pretty well smashed all the mud nothin but wrecks into me and then the wall hopefully i can make it back , with out mud next time

Thread Information