Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm hot how about you?

Wink Size matters..................

Hey Poppop, if you give me the dimensions (H x L x W), the size of the inlet and outlets and their locations, maybe I can look up a radiator by size............................
    It may not have all the stock mounting tabs, but what self-respecting enduro driver hasn't fabricated a few things..................................
    UNCLE PETEY................................

OK here it is 16.5" high 31" wide .650" thick
    Bottom connection on right 1.325" OD
    Higher connection on left center is 5.5" from top 1.325" OD
    vent line at top on right.
    Trans cooler on left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cav Rad..jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	2433  

Wink Radiation....................

I found a couple of rads. that could work but the part numbers are modine #'s.................:rolleyes
    I'll have to see if I can cross them over, its tough to find someone that stock modines anymore, they all stock that Chinese crap....................
    Is it possible you could put a trans cooler on your car? Most of the rads. I found have the trans. cooler in the opposite tank....................
    UNCLE PETEY...................
    P.S. Can the left top inlet connection be at the top of the radiator and what is the measurement of the core only.................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 07-19-2010 at 07:06 PM.

I could put in a trans cooler or pipe it to the opposite side. Either way works OK for me. I could also make the top connection work if I had to. The thickness I gave you is for the core only, the tanks are about 2 1/2". I can't do all that thinking now, it gives me a headache.

Elated Core-respondence............................

OK Poppop, I have about eight radiators that may work..........................
    Modine #'s 2512 and 2309 both 3 row rads....................
    Modine #'s 2140, 2044, 963, 2511, 740 and 570 all 2 row rads.....................
    Dimensions are all very close to your rad. except the trans. cooler is on the pass. side of rads. and lower right inlet to water pump is 1 9/16" instead of 1 5/16"...........................
    If I have time I'll see If I can get make, model, and year in case you wanna search the yards.........................................
    UNCLE PETEY................................

Thanks Uncle Petey. I love to search the yards but I just may overheat myself this weekend. I appreciate all your help.

Poppop

Cut a 3 sided hole in the back side of the hood near the windshield (rectangular shaped) with the long, uncut side towards the front of the vehicle. Then bend it up slightly. This way air will flow in through the radiator and escape out the top of the engine, helping to cool the engine. Since heat rises and most engine compartments aren't really designed to let air escape out the top, cutting this hole makes a pretty big difference to temps.

Also you could try running Water Wetter in the radiator along with that tap water.

Of course if you have a mechanical problem (like the water pump or a head gasket) none of this will do anything.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

We must be on the same wavelength Nate. I was looking at my old car yesterday and noticed that it's more open at the back of the hood than the new one. That's a great way to increase the air flow.

Poppop

Wink Save Face....................

If you cut that hole(s) in just the right spot in can also double as a mud deflector and help keep some of that grandview outa your face....................
    UNCLE PETEY...................

Thread Information