Thread: no spectator drags

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    They need to bring back the good ol days....RUN-WHAT-YA-BRUNG...then all these so called "DRIVERS"that are 1 lap wonders will be lucky to finish. Just sayin.....
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!
    55 R.I.P. Uncle David Oliver 55

Quote Originally Posted by nobandwagonhere View Post
    They need to bring back the good ol days....RUN-WHAT-YA-BRUNG...then all these so called "DRIVERS"that are 1 lap wonders will be lucky to finish. Just sayin.....
    Yeah that way the crash surgeons will just run over you with some pos since they can't race clean...

Yeah that'll get people interested, another enduro division awesome....
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShafts View Post
    Yeah that way the crash surgeons will just run over you with some pos since they can't race clean...

Yeah that'll get people interested, another enduro division awesome....
    Well, mouth, thats how spectator drag started. Not sure if you were there years ago, but Ive been coming here since I was a kid. It wasnt a wreck fest....but I can guarantee different results in who wins. It was just opinion, but for some odd reason you seem to think your the mayor up here and critize every single thing that is posted up here.

I run spectator drags on and off and it dont matter either way to me...I do it for fun. Ive made it to the finals with junk....so what. If you could drive, then the CRASH SURGEONS shouldnt be a factor. Any idiot can smash the pedal and go in a straight line for 10 seconds....not rocket science. Your jeep is fast, dont get me wrong...but more than 3 laps I dont think it will make it...JMO. But dont knock me for my opinion, my opinion is my opinion Ill be damned if I ever let anyone attack it. Some might disagree with it and thats fine....but NOONE will attack it.

Hows LIMA making out?
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!

Deathwish86

A matter of perspective

Unfortunately, the drags were just another sideshow act to draw interest in the track. As with all such things a few people came with better equipment than the rest. Unfortunately this causes a couple of problems. The people they want to get involved are the small guys who will eventually move to another division. When a few cars are always top of the class, it seems pointless to even try. Not the fast guys fault, just nature of the beast. A division as easy to get into as this also brings out hot shots who have never been on the track, who wreck their cars, and run a high risk of getting hurt. It's a liability that may have gotten too high. There were cars that were built for speed out there, and I give my respect to those cars and their drivers. If those cars were the reason the drags were stopped, there is no need for anyone to defend their ride. I think it was more a business/safety decision, not one based on the competitors themselves.

killa54

no it alls

it only takes 1 person 2 ruin a thread. i dont know if they want spec drags back or really just wanna see skid plate racing gone. i dont know if they notice or not, but skid plates are a huge success. thats why shows are being added. spec drags were a bust and thats why there gone. i hope this answers the question!

Spectator drags were a bust? Didnt know that.
    05,58,56,0,41,Mrs.41
    How ya Like Me Now!

Thread Information