Thread: Rule Changes for 2007 season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ajsyrup
    I think something is going on with the Englishtown road course. There isn't much progress anymore and I think all they are running on it right now is go-karts.

pitbull113
    That's a shame, an enduro on a road course would be cool. I'd have to break the BMW out of retirement for that one.

ajsyrup
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull113
    Thats a shame an enduro on a roadcourse would be cool. I'd have to break the BMW out of retirement for that one.
    It would be really cool for anything really. The Englishtown website still shows updated from 2004 on stuff and still says they are hoping to open it then end of 2005. I was just there on Sunday and still looks the same as it did last year.

I would love a road course, if it is ever offered. I'm going and I'm installing a brake light. lol

Maybe next year...

I spoke to someone at the Englishtown track and they said the delay is that apparently the berms that surround most of the turns aren't 'acceptable' as far as safety. The berms are safe/ok with karts, but not for cars. The track is already open, too, and has been running go karts. I am actually in a team race that's running Oct.15th, in their karts, show up and race.
    "Strength and honor"

NEETS-1

Cool Raceway Park

ACTUALLY.... The Englishtown NEETS Enduro is still being planned. I keep in touch w/ the owners and I am supposed to be one of the first informed and to get a race date when they are allowed to operate with cars on the course. It's the old politics game they are playing, and have been playing the last 3 years that I have been working on this. When they get one thing fixed...it turns into another, then another. The 2 brothers that own the place are discouraged as we all are.
    If and when we do have a date there...It would be safe to say it would probably be a small car only race. The track is 51' at it's widest point only in the front straight. The rest of the track is very narrow. Two wide would be dangerous...3 wide is suicide if big cars were allowed.
    The deal I started with them was to rent the entire road course operation for the day, purchase the insurance, fill all working positions, acquire tow truck and ambulance crews, etc. It is quite expensive, but think of it.....The first enduro on a road course...ever!!! and NEETS did it again.
    I have checked into other road courses, but there was always a problem with too far away, scheduling or "our type cars" were not allowed, lol.
    I would love to hook up with a few people and build a small to medium size road course in Pa. It has many ways of creating revenue and would be a "for sure" success.

Hey Billy, how about the NEETS tour at Riverhead in 2007?
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

ajsyrup
    I would trailer the car to run, so count me in. I am sure others would as well.

Thread Information