Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note from Bumper Boy

BumperBoy

Note from Bumper Boy

I just wanted to let everyone know, that the time has come, and I have quit my job at Riverhead Raceway.
    I need to apologize to all the drivers who expect me to be there if something happens.. I know it means a lot to many of you, as it does to me, but things have been said to me and I have been given rules and regulations by one of the chief stewards, and have been put down for being who I am. I do not see the point of working out there each and every week, if I am not allowed any longer to do what it is I want to do, which is to help the drivers, to assure families of the drivers that they are ok after an accident, or to call for help as fast as humanly possible if something has gone wrong, rather than wait for many minutes for someone else to arrive on the scene..
    I also have a family, 3 wonderful young daughters, who deserve to have me there for certain occasions, even if they fall on a Saturday.. This too, was a reason for my quitting. Seems a certain "boss" of mine cannot accept that.
    I have had many already beg me to stay, those that have found out about what happened this past Saturday night. I really would love to stay, I'd prefer it, to be there for the drivers and their families. But if I am not allowed to do it, I can't be there, to just sit back and wait, not being able to act.
    I can only come back if I am permitted to do what it is I want to do, to be what the drivers expect me to be.
    One of the chief stewards has asked I take a week to think about it, the other one is the one forbidding me to be me.
    But I have thought about it, and like I said.. If I can't be there to do what I need to, I can't be there. If my daughters need me, I need to be there for them without concern of being threatened to be fired.
    I apologize to the drivers, their families, and to the fans who have supported me over the many years I have been working there. I cannot come back to work unless something changes..

Sorry to hear this Ed.
    I, for one, will miss you but only because I won't be able to make any more magazine covers!!!!
    Seriously, I feel you were an asset to the track crews and you will definitely be missed.
    The best to you and your family, your a great guy....and yes, family should always be first...

Richie
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

After doing the great job you've performed for so long, we will all miss you. It's a shame it cam e to this, but you are right, your family comes first, but know that the family you have at Riverhead will miss you immensely.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Thanks Ed

Wow, sorry to read this Ed. My hat is off to you for your final decision, Riverhead's loss, your family's gain, I am sure your wife and daughters will love having you around on a Saturday, they grow fast, so take the time and enjoy. I would like to say THANKS for always being there and reassuring me when Andy was in a wreck that he was ok. Many drivers and familes appreciated this from you, a warm, kind and caring man. Thanks Ed!!!!

Andy & Jo-
    LM #84
    He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya and Rubbin is Racin!!!!!!

We would also like to express our regrets that you are leaving the track. It was indeed a good feeling to know that someone really cared about the well-being of our loved ones strapped in those race cars. Your being out there and checking on our husbands, wives and children will be GREATLY missed.
    Now go be with and enjoy your family... you certainly deserve it and so do they!!

Karen

Dear Ed,
    From 1 man to another, I fully understand what you are going through. I, too, was told things that I could not, and would not accept. About myself AND my character. I put on hold, my family, job, life, to do what I loved to do. All I can say is thank you for your help, friendship, and letting me nickname you "Bumperboy". My best wishes for you and your family.

Mike "Gravel" Buksa
    Consistancy is the key.

Sorry to hear you're leaving Ed. You were always the first one to the car if there was an accident and the first one on the track to clean up fluid. It won't be the same without you.
    #00 Legend
    SJR Motorsports

allhailunc
    Sorry to hear this Ed-you were always a "heavy hitter" when it came to work on the track and always someone willing to take a good joke thrown in your direction. I fully understanding your stance and your convictions. I wish you the best of luck, you were always #1 in my book.

Ed, it ain't going to be the same without the 'bumper boy' there, you did a great job for many years and many people appreciated what you did for them over those years. You were always first on the scene when something went wrong, now I ask who that person is going to be, because no offense, but has anyone seen the track crew these days? A bunch of young kids who have no clue what to do in an emergency. Come on, we need you, Ed.
    R.I.P Poppy. The best turn 3 beer man Riverhead Raceway has ever seen and the best grandfather anyone could ask for!Tony Mastrangelo 7-10-35 to 12-29-02 R.I.P. 03, 1, 7, 66, 93 rip wild bill

Modracin07rh
    WOW Ed (Bumper Boy) ,
    I Can't beleive I won't be seeing you any more at the track! This is not right! You have and always will be the number one guy who has kept our drivers safe! you were our guardian angel on that track .

I know many of times I have always looked for you to run to my driver's to make sure they wereOK. I am so glad we became such good friends. You are a great person and I know in the many years that I have known you in my years of racing I have enjoyed watching you in the infield at Riverhead Raceway and they don't realize that they have lost a great guy!

I understand what your saying about your Girls and your family because in the many years that I have been racing I did the same. So always remember Ed your girls always come first and the grow up quick. One minute my daughter was 8 years old and now shes going to be 21 soon and I ask myself were did the time go. You have put racing first for all theses years now its time to put your gilrs #1 .

You & I have become good friends over our racing careers and I am thankful for that. I wish you all the best in what ever comes your way. Because no matter what you do I know in my heart you will put your heart and soul into it just like you did at RIVERHEAD RACEWAY ALL THESE YEARS. Keep smiling and i'll run into you at 7-11 someday.

Good Luck and remember you will be missed at the track. Be my friend

Your Good Friend always
    Annette

Xcrew member of the 74 modified (kruk), 07 modifeid (Hallock), 17x modified (Turbush)

P.S you have and always will finish 1st in my book and I feel the checkered flag should go to Eddie (Bumper Boy)

VNYLGRFX
    Ed, (aka Fruitcake racing)

You are the Man! When something went wrong on the track you were the first one there.. I know you helped me a few times THANK YOU! I respect your wishes...
    Be the true person your meant to be. And that person only!
    Spend time with the kids, It will all work out in the long run....

Fruitcake...

BumperBoy
    Thanks to everyone for their support, phone calls, e-mails, etc..

I missed everyone this past weekend, and heard I had lots more support at the track..

Maybe I can get things worked out for the future.. But in any case, thanks to everyone.. I can't express what this all means to me.. Knowing I helped make a difference to the drivers and their families means a lot to me..

Have no fear Bumper Boy is here

That's right ladies and gentleman. Eddie is coming back this Saturday night to Riverhead Raceway. He tried to leave , but we got him to come back. The infield wouldn't be anything without him. Thank's Cappy, for realizing Eddie is a big part of what goes on. The drivers and their families love him. He does a great service for all at the track. "WELCOME BACK BUMPER BOY" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE WHAT MACK WROTE IS TRULY ACCURATE.

WE ARE GLAD YOU HAVE COME BACK. THANK-YOU!!!

IT MEANS A LOT TO ALL THE RACERS TO SEE YOU CHECKING ON OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHEN THEY HAVE HAD A PROBLEM ON THE TRACK.

THANKS FOR RETURNING.

And thanks to the official in charge for recognizing that "Bumper Boy" does indeed do a great job week in and week out. And yes, everyone needs an occasional day off.

turn1cowboy
    yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaa bumper boy is here!! great to hear you'll be back!!

Thread Information