Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wall??

Wall PAPER$................

Not enough cars, sponsors, or respect for enduros..............
    Wall treats their F/S drivers poorly so what do you expect is gonna happen
    when NEETS runs at Wall...............
    The only thing that motivates Mr. Morton is money, so gotta find a big sponsor for Wall.................
    UNCLE PETEY...............

I missed one race with the truck because of a personal schedule conflict (not another racing event). I had intentions on making the last race with both the truck and the small car, but couldn't make it last minute.

If NEETs makes it to Wall next year I intend to be there for every race with the small car and truck.

Maybe some sort of pre-reg/interest page to gain the interest of who fully intends to race there will help ease the owners worries. It was only the first year. I'm sure the series will grow the 2nd year.

Also I'd like to see exactly how many people wont race because of $60 seat belts and $100 fireproof underware. I know 1 person has said this, but who else out there would change their mind if santa left them new belts this year?

I personally would rather race Saturday night with or with out other divisions, but I dont think this would help car counts. Other drivers not only race but also have crew commitments on saturday nights. I'm sure more people work saturdays then sundays too.

Either way, if a schedule is to be made, the sooner the better.

Bryan, we do create pre-registration lists for EACH AND EVERY event, Wall or Grandview.

The biggest problem is when the list only has three or four names on it the day be fore the race, it is hard to attract more drivers, knowing that the purse is going to be light.

All of our purses are pro-rated, therefore, more cars=more money and less cars=less money.

You have always been a solid registration, meaning when you are pre-registered for a race, you show up. There are some drivers who register early and change plans at a later time and don't show....making the lists look buffered or fake when there can be 30 names and only half show up.... I can understand changed plans, but it does seem to happen more frequently with some drivers...

The pre-registrations are listed at the bottom of the information pages that list ALL of the day's NEETS events and such....a lot of the press that went out this season paid no regard to these info pages and therefore a lot of misunderstood information about our events was relayed.

For the sake of the other divisions, 4CSM and Legends, they will feel it the worst since Wall added them to OUR races, not the other way around. NEETS ran Grandview the whole season with no supporting divisions and had a great year. These other divisions will have to fight for track time if we don't race there...

Like I said, this is an issue Jim and I need to work out and hopefully we will come to an agreement at the Motorsports show.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Joe, About the preregistration, how about you pay when you register? Many tracks do this. I understand things come up in the mean time and you have to cancel but thats part of the game.

You don't pay when you preregister...you send me an email or call Joe to let us know you are planning on attending and pay at the event...this is how it has ALWAYS been in the years of this operation...there is no prepaying, we want to see an estimated count on the people attending so we can properly plan our day out.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Reply to Buckshot 111 racing with other divisions on a Saturday night.
    I well remember doing that many times at Lincoln speedway among others. That is fine if you want to commonly race after midnight and get home when the sun is coming up.

phil

Could this be the REAL reason....

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Not enough cars, sponsors, or respect for enduros..............
    Wall treats their F/S drivers poorly so what do you expect is gonna happen
    when NEETS runs at Wall...............
    The only thing that motivates Mr. Morton is money, so gotta find a big sponsor for Wall.................
    UNCLE PETEY...............
    Well, I think this thread tells the TRUE story ..... there has been 869 views of this thread, the highest viewed thread in the asphalt forum. BUT... there has only been a few people who have voiced suggestions, views or ideas on how to get NEETS back to Wall..... the silence and lack of responses from those involved is very concerning..........

This might be the MAIN reason why the series didn't take off at Wall. If the drivers and fans aren't interested in supporting the series and have it return to Wall, why would there be any incentive for the promoters to make it work.

If the drivers and fans don't want to help bring the series back, offer suggestions and put their heads together to try and find a solution and make it bigger and better, than I don't blame Jim for flushing it.........

Unhappy Enduro Economics..................

We have to find a sponsor that will compliment the NEETS organization.........................
    The interest in enduro racing is still very high in the NE area but expendable money for a car and its upkeep especially for safety regulations in NJ is getting a little lean.........................
    I wouldn't worry about another enduro race at Wall, if NEETS can't make a workable agreement with Jim, knowing him, he'll try to start his own series...........
    UNCLE PETEY...................

???????

"especially for saftey regulations in NJ" What do you mean? We are only talking about a seatbelt and roll bar padding. What else is there?

I don't Know.............

We have to find a sponsor that will compliment the NEETS organization.........................
    The interest in enduro racing is still very high in the NE area but expendable money for a car and its upkeep especially for safety regulations in NJ is getting a little lean.........................
    I wouldn't worry about another enduro race at Wall, if NEETS can't make a workable agreement with Jim, knowing him, he'll try to start his own series...........
    Uncle Petey, I know you've "been around the track" for many years with the enduro series, but is there a possibility that enduro racing has lost it's popularity????? I'm new, so I can only go by what I've seen in the last year or so.... Sponsors definitely help the series, but which sponsors is going to step up when they see the car counts so low????? They also want a return on their investment, but with total car counts for an event only being in the 40's, (not in the 100's like old days), what company will pony up the dollars????

Interest in enduro is very high you say...... I'm not sure about that.... not from what I'm seeing in this area...... for instance, there has been approximately 70 more views of this thread since my note above, but Petey was the only one to comment...... no one else has any suggestions, input (or interest) on how to get NEETS back to Wall...... that's very telling on the state of enduro racing...... and I still don't believe it's because of NJ rules...

Also, regarding enduro interest in the NE region..... Sundance only had 15 small cars and 22 big cars on Saturday - last year for the same race they had 33 small cars and close to 40 big cars for the same event.... why the difference????? The cars are still sitting out there but didn't show up!!! Could have been the weather or could be the economy... or could have been lack of interest..... or all of the above......take your best guess!!!

I agree with your take on Jim, it's all about the money (which I can't totally fault him because he has bills to pay too), but if he doesn't want to be "user friendly" to the drivers, he won't have a show..... he needs to wake up to this fact. Dollars are nice but without a field of cars/drivers showing up because of greed, the track just might sprout weeds in the groove.....

Has any group of drivers ever approached Jim to show a collective group effort to persuade him on what's best for the drivers?????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I speak to many enduro-F/S drivers and they all have different reasons for not racing...........................................
    Some can't afford it and have parked their cars until the economy gets better...............
    Some just can't afford to build/buy/or find a car............................
    Some want to run but their car doesn't fit the rules, whether it be safety, drivetrain or whatever...................
    It would be nice if we had a standard set of rules for every venue we visited.......................
    Plus the field is being diluted with so many classes, ie:trucks, 6cyl.s, and 4cyl.s.....................
    Lapdance had low car counts yesterday because of the track conditions (snow still on the track), it turned out to be a 30mph demo-derby................
    It all boils down to money, get a big sponsor put up a nice large purse and the cars will show up..................

What are the dollars?????

It all boils down to money, get a big sponsor put up a nice large purse and the cars will show up..................
    OK, based on your experience, what kind of money would a big sponsor need to spend to attract the car counts needed???

What do you consider a "nice large purse"??

myself and bigdaddy where chattin about it , if there was races at the wall this yr we where goin to come run once or twice to check it out , guess we will stick with the dirt

Wink A True "Grand" Enduro.....

At least $1000 to win and a user friendly promoter/track.................

Hey Rock and Roll, why don't you come out to Riverhead on Long Island this summer and check out the enduro interest, in fact, even bring your car, it could be a 4,6,8,truck or grand enduro with no less the 25 cars in each race once a month all summer and yes, a grand would bring out more cars and yes, the weather was the major factor for Sundance's low car counts and 4Speed are you kidding about NJ'S safety rules? It's sure as **** why more enduro cars can't race in NJ.
    Because of the economy, enduro racing is more popular then ever, in fact, have you noticed how many drivers in the upper classes have stepped down to the more affordable enduro racing?

Thread Information