Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race of Champions

Race of Champions

What a waste of a day. Heading to my hotel at 10:21 after rain stopped the race at lap 63. I was able to watch a two and a half hour late model race during the time the Mods were supposed to go out.
    No wonder why this event has lost it's prestige. If the Mods are the feature make sure you put them on near the time you say. Especially with weather that is always unpredictable. The Late model race should have been 75 laps at best.

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    What a waste of a day. Heading to my hotel at 10:21 after rain stopped the race at lap 63. I was able to watch a two and a half hour late model race during the time the Mods were supposed to go out.
    No wonder why this event has lost it's prestige. If the Mods are the feature make sure you put them on near the time you say. Especially with weather that is always unpredictable. The Late model race should have been 75 laps at best.
    Did they postpone?

how many people drive 8 hours for any other division....The Mods should run
    1st!!!
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Race begins at 11 today. This modified fan will NOT be returning.

fake ROC

this is not the REAL ROC, the last one was 1991

Who's_Harry?
    Tony Hirschman wins again chuckie then Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    this is not the REAL ROC, the last one was 1991
    Yeah...I figured that out when I finally made the trip a couple years ago.

This most storied race has become a joke.

When something starts to rot it's starts @ the head and works its way down the body and in this case it starts with Andrew Harpell. Harpell is a disgrace to the sport.

1. The 2010 60th ROC is the final nail in the ROC coffin that has been on life support ever since it left Pocono in 1991. What a disgrace to all of the Modified teams and crew members that supported this race. These hard workers had to sit around all day and all night watching all of these junk Late Model divisions crash all day and night long. Nobody came to see this Late Model junk. They came to see the Modifieds. The Modified race was suppose to start @ 6:00 PM. The race for the Modifieds stated @ 10:15 PM and then it rained. If the Modified race had started on time it would have been over @ 9:00 PM and their would have been no need to come back on Sunday. This type of promotion is killing Modified racing and Andrew Harpell should be ashamed of himself and he showed he is no promoter. Harpell should have made the call to run the Modifieds @ 6:00 PM the scheduled start time.

2. NO ON SITE AMBULANCE ! Are you kidding me. Someone gets hurt and you put him in your pick-up truck and call downtown for the Fire Department Ambulance to come and pick up the injured person. This is nuts. I can't belive the car owners and drivers are willing to race @ this track. Has everyone forgotton what happened to CJ @ Martinsville.

3. Many of the Past Champions left before they received their hardware. What a shame.

I could go on all night, but i won't.

GLC050

Roc

Race of Champions had a bad day Sat. but Andy did explain himself and took responsability. That shows class...I have been in many NASCAR train wrecks including a real disaster at Thompson on a Thursday night in August 2005, where we did not start the feature until after 11:00 pm. That disaster rocked the Mod world and the loss of one of the all time greats, NO ONE took resposability. Yes we won this race, but not after many heated discussions. Andy Harpell is a CLASS PROMOTER..He has all my respect.
    Last edited by GLC050; 09-28-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Smile Realy??

MOD11RACER i drove for 4 hrs JUST to watch what you call junk latemodels. then was happy it rained so i could leave early to drive 4 hrs home I have been going up for a few years now and its always been a late night every one acts like it something new??? my first year it snow DURING the 200 and it kept going. another year the lights went out just a few moments after the race finished....WHO cares you dont like how is run stop going... then complain when its gone....and there WAS an ambulance ON track (it was next to the tech barn in turn 2) but never used because the EMTS were in the safety trucks. if they would have used that one they would have had to WAIT for it to return. but then you would be complaining about that too? i for one as a driver am glad they took thier time taking care of the drivers involved.

And we all will be crying when its gone, but it's going to be gone if its run like that. Do you think guys like Stefanik will go back again? And the way they treated the past winners? Many of them were already gone when they introduced them to the crowd before the race. How many drivers actually showed up on Sunday? And how many of them actually considered leaving ? Good promotion gets people to the track and a good program gets them to come back again. And because it does seem to be a messed up program year after year, doesn't mean they cant try and fix it to make it a better show.

Tony Hirschman Wins 4th Sunoco Race of Champions.

OFFICIAL FINISH: SUNOCO RACE OF CHAMPIONS 200: TONY HIRSCHMAN, Chuck Hossfeld, Matt Hirschman, Daren Scherer, Erick Rudolph, Eric Beers, Ricky Kluth, Terry Cheetham, Billy Putney, Ryan Preece, Jan Leaty, Doug Reaume, Jim Storace, Bobby Santos, Rusty Smith, Tony Hanbury, TJ Potrzebowski, Pete Brittian, Patrick Emerling, Mike Speeney, Daryl Lewis Jr., Andy Walko, Earl Paules, Mike Stefanik, Zane Zeiner, Karl Hehr, Bryan Chew, Zack Shove, Tommy Farrell, Mike Leaty, Dave Wollaber, Kyle Ebersole, Wilbur Hebing, JR Swansborough, Tommy Cloce
    Last edited by Modifiedthunder; 09-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modifiedthunder View Post
    OFFICIAL FINISH: SUNOCO RACE OF CHAMPIONS 200: TONY HIRSCHMAN, Chuck Hossfeld, Matt Hirschman, Daren Scherer, Erick Rudolph, Eric Beers, Ricky Kluth, Terry Cheetham, Billy Putney, Ryan Preece, Jan Leaty, Doug Reaume, Jim Storace, Bobby Santos, Rusty Smith, Tony Hanbury, TJ Potrzebowski, Pete Brittian, Patrick Emerling, Mike Speeney, Daryl Lewis Jr., Andy Walko, Earl Paules, Mike Stefanik, Zane Zeiner, Karl Hehr, Bryan Chew, Zack Shove, Tommy Farrell, Mike Leaty, Dave Wollaber, Kyle Ebersole, Wilbur Hebing, JR Swansborough, Tommy Cloce
    Did Mike Stefanik actully race there and Thompson in the same day?
    Last edited by Jaws; 09-30-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Did Mike Stefanik actully race there and Thompson in the same day?
    No, I think from Earl Paules back didn't come back and finish the race on Sunday.
    LSK & RTM

Quote Originally Posted by creyer76 View Post
    MOD11RACER i drove for 4 hrs JUST to watch what you call junk latemodels. then was happy it rained so i could leave early to drive 4 hrs home I have been going up for a few years now and its always been a late night every one acts like it something new??? my first year it snow DURING the 200 and it kept going. another year the lights went out just a few moments after the race finished....WHO cares you dont like how is run stop going... then complain when its gone....and there WAS an ambulance ON track (it was next to the tech barn in turn 2) but never used because the EMTS were in the safety trucks. if they would have used that one they would have had to WAIT for it to return. but then you would be complaining about that too? i for one as a driver am glad they took thier time taking care of the drivers involved.
    Call Oswego Speedway and ask if they can take that Ambulance onto the street and drive it to the hospital. You will be surprised at the answer.
    Last edited by MOD11RACER; 09-30-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Thread Information