Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Whats going on with the ASA tour?

TJ1976

Whats going on with the ASA tour?

Does anyone whats going on with the ASA tour? The last event was rescheduled because of a low driver turnout and now the latest event has been canceled altogether. Anyone know why?

That's a good question. The Orange County PR does state " Information concerning a make-up date for the ASA / SMRT Modifieds at Orange County Speedway will be announced at a later date." The decision could be because it was to run with the Southern Late Models and may be a track decision because of purse for 2 divisions.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that these races were scheduled for Saturday nights against Bowman Gray. I think if they tried to do that they might get ten cars.

corey17
    Quote Originally Posted by TourFan Ed View Post
    I was wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that these races were scheduled for Saturday nights against Bowman Gray. I think if they tried to do that they might get ten cars.
    Only two of the cars from the entire ASA tour run Bowman Gray, but those are the first two in points also, Burt and Jason Myers.

Sandra
    Things that make you go "hmmmmmm" Looking out for the nephews

moddog
    The OCS event was part of the program being put on by John Kee, the owner of the RC Cola / Moon Pie Late Models. He e-mailed me Sunday evening and canceled the Modified event. Any questions concerning that may be directed towards Mr. Kee.

My regrets and apologies to everyone. We were looking forward to the event and will move on to Dillon Motor Speedway on July 18th.

Boy the PM's are gonna be flying now......

the question is... what's going on with ASA tour.......I answer with facts and my post gets deleted ????? What I posted about checks is a fact and a problem with that tour......hopefully that rewording works????

Quote Originally Posted by jfp711 View Post
    the question is... what's going on with ASA tour.......I answer with facts and my post gets deleted ????? What I posted about checks is a fact and a problem with that tour......hopefully that rewording works????
    This forum is not for your personal agenda, PERIOD. If you have an issue with Randy and the ASA SMRT tour, APPROACH HIM/THEM!!! You will not use this forum to solve any touring series issues.
    Richie
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

I'm not sure what was said earlier to cause an uproar, but this thread needs to be viewed by all and comments need to be heard.

I personally like to plan my year, When you throw a curve ball at me 3-4 days before the event and it's canceled it becomes a problem. The main reason this Tour was started is to help teams that can not afford to run the Whelen Tour. And for the guys that run the Whelen Tour and do not want to run the Stadium during the Summer.

Things that do make you go umm is correct. And everyone needs to share their opinion on this. I am hoping for change. I for one have always supported this Tour and I'm getting a bad vibe here as of late. Let me tell you guys.. These drivers and fans make this stuff happen, the promoter of this deal needs to know what you think. If the truth hurts.. I'm sorry.. Express it anyway. No way to change things if you don't know the positive way to go about them.

You are correct Brian, but how it is presented makes a difference too. Joe and I have chatted and he understands why I deleted his post. Any more questions as to the deletion can be PM'd to me directly and not here in the forum.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

monty57mod
    Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    This forum is not for your personal agenda, PERIOD.
    Thanks Richie, for all the work you guys do to keep this site enjoyable.
    Just another reason why I have tons of respect for this forum.(and almost none for the "itsall....." forum)

I spoke with Richie & agree 100% on why he removed my post.......There are some forums out there .... it's a mile, that have people really talk out of their A**,which is why I love & support this forum......That other message board is really sad to read just junk that is posted.....Richie & the crew do a great job here!!!!!!!Keep up the good work
    Last edited by jfp711; 07-06-2009 at 04:35 PM.

I agree with ya also. I love coming here and reading about racing, and I feel most the time you can discuss anything and get positive feedback. Which it what I was trying to start here. Ways to make the deal stronger.

Thread Information