Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So where are all the NEETS drivers from LI????

"For father's day you should ask for some Tony Robbins positive support tapes" LOL Good one...Riverhead is not closing..let's please not beat that dead horse..
    As far as going away to race, I don't need to mention the economy. We used to favor going to Mountain because everyone there was so welcoming and that was before business started going downhill. I know for us even regular Sat. night racing away envelopes your whole weekend. Leaving early enough on Sat. am to get there (god forbid they decide to sweep the cross bronx which we've gotten stuck in), and sometimes getting home @ 4 in the morning really stinks. I for one have to work just about every Sunday morning @6. But even if I take off the day is about shot. Sleeping later and being tired really slows down the Sunday events. Not to mention things like finding a 2 night babysitter cuz we leave so early in the am and get home so late after, getting someone to come over and let my dog out and trying to do the normal weekend things like cleaning house, grocery shopping..blah..blah...blah. If you don't have kids or pets and no job to worry about then I say go for it. JMO. By the way the penalty for misusing the EZ pass is a little expensive..believe me I know. We got hit on our way to NC with our truck and enclosed trailer and it ended up costing me a total of $200.
    VICKI

R'head

I didn't mean to infer that it WAS closing, nor do I want it closed. Just a poor way of getting my point across, I guess. My apologies...

Honestly, when I looked around last week (I KNOW the weather was crappy!) I was very concerned - without all the police-related people there, how many people actually paid to get into the stands? Between that and all the nonsense in the pits, I'm just...worried.
    When the fun stops, I'm OUTTA here....

vsmidge68, no where did anyone say Riverhead was closing above.
    Only a few replies were made to an unsupportive track comment made and that was addressed above also.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Unsupportive?

Unsupportive? Me?

It was just a little sarcasm...I'm sorry!!

Back on topic...

Best wishes for the NEETS series. Nice to see them back strong with the multiple tracks, and hopefully we'll get a chance to catch some of their action this season - I'd really like to check out Enduros at Wall.

Back on topic indeed! Would be great to see everyone show up at the Wall Races....the only way to keep the racing alive at different speedways is by racing there!

The next Wall enduro is on July 11th...I know this is a conflict with the Grands, but there is no reason a TRUX or two cannot make it down for this event....and besides, our flagger, Matt Odwazny, has even said it takes about half the time to get to Wall as it does Grandview.....so, come on out!

We raced in front of a thousand fans in the stands last time....for that reason alone, don't you guys want to race with NEETS in front of huge fan counts?

Hope to see some LI drivers at Wall, send in your pre-registrations!!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Elated FAN-tastic..............

Joe! It was more like thousands of FANS.................
    Most I've seen for an enduro race in years.................
    Its heartwarming to look up from victory lane into the stands and see that many people (cheering or booing, hehe) ................
    Unlike Lapdance where you can barely hear that one guy clapping..........................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

Very true Petey....

At Wall, there was not an empty seat in the house! If you have sponsors you know like exposure, THIS IS THE PLACE! If you want to get involved, contact me ASAP!

Either way, it is a great place to race, whether it be enduro or modified, and everyone had a blast at the last one....so come on out and give it a shot!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Update on toll curtain: Verrazano toll rises today to $11 (for a car). Gotta help those MTA folks with their unlimited, drunken spending sprees!!

Hey, a good way to get LI driver's to participate would be to book a date at Riverhead. Then everyone who thinks that tolls are not a deterrent to racing could find out if it fits in THEIR budgets. Hmmm, just a thought.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Wink For Whom the Track Tolls

WJ, Why would Riverhead want NEETS there when they have their own enduros? Not saying it's an impossibility, but really?

Also, we have gone to Riverhead many times, with our own car and of course with Uncle Petey. So tolls are certainly not a deterrent for us. We also go to Oswego NY every year to participate in the ROC weekend in the factory stock div. That's a four hour ride from our homes (Petey too) Is there a big payout? No. Are there tolls? Yes. Does it cost a lot in gas? Yes. Do we have to pay for a hotel room? Yes. Why do we go? Because the track is awesome and the racing and the people (other racers from all over and management) are great. No other explanation needed. So bottom line, if someone REALLY wants to race somewhere, it's not going to matter how much it costs to get there and participate. (Not even toll money) I would love to see Riverhead enduro drivers come to Wall and race with NEETS because it's a great track, the fans come out in droves and it's a chance to show off their skills in front of people who actually appreciate the divisions.(Plus I personally miss you all!)
    However, if your hearts and wallets aren't truly into going, then by all means, stay home. You can read everything you missed about the races the next day on our forum!
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Ha lets be honest....wallets went out the window when we all decided to race. No one decides to get into racing because its cheap, no matter what division you're in. If tolls are you only deterrent to go racing then you don't love to race enough. I can understand driving 300 miles, paying tolls, gas, low payouts blah blah blah keeping you from going, but I've yet to see anyone at the track complain. Why? Cause they love it!

BTW...we're working on 4 trucks for Wall. I only say working cause we're down a tranny and a motor after this weekend. Don't know if there's enough time to get both trucks ready. If there is you better believe $11 isn't gonna stop us

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot11 View Post
    BTW...we're working on 4 trucks for Wall. I only say working cause we're down a tranny and a motor after this weekend. Don't know if there's enough time to get both trucks ready. If there is you better believe $11 isn't gonna stop us
    If you cant make it to Wall, bring em on down to grandview, it would be nice to get a few trucks to run their own race
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroFromDE View Post
    If you cant make it to Wall, bring em on down to grandview, it would be nice to get a few trucks to run their own race
    Ill try, but i hear the trucks have problems in the dirt. Woot made it down earlier this year I believe and he had problems peeling right front tires of the rim. Still working on the asphalt setup, we dont know anything about dirt lol

we tried the trucks at Grandview before...it is very hard on their equipment and the guys came down to help us out and to try it.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Wink Truck on down!!

That's awesome Bryan, hope your trucks are all good to go by the 11th!

I know some of you do run both the Grands and the trucks so you won't be able to make it to Wall that night, but how about the rest of you truckers? I would be barking at Tracy too, but I know she has work to do at Bethel! Also, how about you 4 cylinder drivers? Come on out and play!

Note to all: If you think you may attend, don't forget to pre-register so you can pick for a starting position!
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Thread Information